CHAPTER THREE

Kathy's POV 

I keep my eyes closed with my head against the window as wrecked by Imagine dragons plays in the background, my mum is driving while my son sits in the back playing with his toys.

It's been two years since Joseph died and I am...I will be okay. First few months were not easy and I sometimes wanted the pain to go away, to not feel. I wallowed in my thoughts, I felt angry, I blamed the Alpha, he sent him there. I blamed myself, I should have never let him go. I wanted to be free of these burdensome thoughts. My mum was with me through my darkest moments reminding me that Joseph would not want me to live like this, he would want me to live happily and take care of our little miracle.

"We are here" Mum says. I open my eyes to see that we have indeed arrived at Bloodhowler's pack. Leaving Moonshine pack was not easy, but my mum thought that it would be a good idea to move packs in order to continue healing and start afresh. 'we need a new start' she said. Alpha Grayson was not happy with the decision but Luna Grace agreed that it was for the best.

Once we arrive at the park house, we step out of the car and we are greeted by a man who I assume to be a warrior. ,"Good evening my name is David and welcome to the Bloodhowler's pack. I will be escorting you to the Alpha, please follow me". His tall with tan skin and dirty blond hair.
We follow the warrior through the pack house which I notice is almost the same size as my previous pack with a spacious living room, dining room and kitchen. We head upstairs to the Alpha's office. As we approach his office, my wolf starts to get excited and I get confused. "Are you okay honey" my mum asks with worry etched on her face

" I am fine mum, I think am just tired because of the tri...." Then it hits me, the intoxicating smell, the pull that makes me almost run and barge into the room, into the arms that await me on the other side. How is this possible? Joseph is dead .

" Are you okay" David asks interrupting my train of thought. I notice that he is holding the door open for me to enter, my son and mum are already inside waiting for me.

My mind says run, my wolf and heart will not let me. I don't want to face him, it can't be. All I wanted was a fresh start with my mum and son, not this. I don't want this. Taking deep breathes, I walk into the office and a man stands across from me, his gaze like a burning fire sending warmth throughout my being. And if I had any doubts about who he is, he confirms it by saying the word that I never thought I would hear again.
"Mate!"