CHAPTER NINETEEN

Kathy's POV

2 years later

Is it possible to feel such love that is beyond comprehension? when I met Joseph I thought he was the only one for me, my last, my first, never had I ever imagined that I would feel it this intense that it consumes me.

The past two years have flown by, pack duties have kept us busy though that does not mean we have not had time to ourselves. My relationship with Michael is stronger than ever but I can't help feel that it is incomplete. We are yet to be blessed with a child, which is not from a lack of trying as our attraction to each other has not diminished. Michael believes that the goddess will bless us at her own time, which is true, I know it's true but I can't help but feel that time is running out.

"Luna, where do you want me to put this?" Sandra asks holding a bowl full of cookies. Today is Vincents' tenth birthday, Michael and I decided to throw a party for him. My mate has travelled to the human town to buy our son a present, while I am here organizing the best birthday party ever with help from pack members. 

"Just put it on the picnic table outside, but you know that there is no need for you to do that" I say as I stare at her protruding belly "You shouldn't exert yourself in your condition, we can manage without you". We are currently in the kitchen preparing the food for the party.

"Nop, I want to help, staying on my toes for a while is good exercise besides this little boy keeps fidgeting, sitting is making me feel uncomfortable" Sandra says while pointing to her belly, eliciting a laugh from everyone.
"So it's a boy?" Shila asks as she mixes the marinade with the meat to be barbecued outside.
"Yep, am sure of it, he is just like his older brother, always kicking". Her first born Ethan who is now three years old is simply adorable with his pink chubby cheeks, green eyes and dirty blond hair.

"Oh I feel sorry for you, if he is just like his brother then you definitely have your hands full. Ethan won't sit still, babysitting him is a nightmare, I remember almost having a panic attack when he disappeared when I left him on the couch, it was like he was there, I turn around for a second then poof... his gone" Bernice babbles on in an exaggerated voice "I searched everywhere only to find him hiding under the bed in your bedroom" she says pointing to Sandra "I actually cried that day because I kept thinking that if I didn't find him Chris was going to murder me, then no one would know what happened to me because he would hide my body deep in the forest and that is why I told myself never again but I changed my mind a second after my decision because he is just so cute, I can't help it but to want to babysit him, and it's also practice for when I have my baby. I hope ... " Bernice, still as bubbly as ever.
"Will you shut up! jeez, you would think that turning eighteen who would have changed you a bit, but nooooo still same old Bernice" Shila says in a mocking tone.
"You would think that turning eighteen would have transformed you into beautiful princess but nooooo, you are still an ugly frog" Bernice replies in a snarky tone.

"Enough bickering you two, there is still a lot that needs to be done" Monica says while she mixes cake batter. Shila and Bernice stick their tongues out at each other then go back to whatever they were doing before the strange altercation. Their mates are definitely going to have their hands full, especially Bernices'.

Once the preparations are done, we head to our rooms to get ready. The birthday boy is on the other side of the pack house playing with friends.

"Mum, we need to hurry up Michael will be here soon, we need to get the party started" I say as I put on my wedge sandals. I decided to get ready at my mother's flat to save time.
"I will be right there honey" Mum says, soon she walks out of her room wearing a simple blue dress with her gray hair tied in a bun.
"So, how is everything ?" Mum asks as walk down the stairs.
"Everything is fine Mum"
"That's good honey" Mum says in a hesitant voice
"Okay, what is it?" stopping mid step as I turn to look at her.
"Nothing honey, if you are happy then am happy" mum increases her pace as she walks ahead of me
"Mum, if there is something you want to say just say it"
"Not now honey, we will talk later" Mum says as we reach the bottom stairs. I let it go... for now.
Soon the party is in full swing, the kids and older pack members fill the backyard. I am trying to enjoy the party but I can't help but think of the weird cryptic conversation I had with my mum.
"Hello beautiful" I jump, startled as arms wrap around my stomach "hey, are you okay?" Michael places his fingers on my chin to tilt my head to the side to look into my eyes, worry on his face, I nod my head.

During the party, Michael, the pack and I sing the birthday song to my son and give him his presents. "This is from me and daddy" I say as I place a box wrapped in wrapping paper in front of him. Vincent started calling Michael 'Daddy' four months ago and Michael was ecstatic, I am glad that their relationship is growing.

"Open it"

He hastily unwraps his present with his little fingers revealing a black sky viper dash nano drone.
"Thank you Mummy, Thank you Daddy" He says with a beaming smile on his face.
"You are welcome son" Michael says as he rubs his head while I place a kiss on his temple. He looks more and more like his late father everyday, my little miracle. I am hoping that the goddess will grant me another miracle, then our family will be complete.