CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

Micheal's POV

I run frantically to the clinic with Kathy in my arms, Dr Williams and other nursing staff run closely behind. She's bleeding profusely, leaving a trail of blood in her wake. "Stay with me beautiful" My heart arches seeing her in this state, tears cloud my vision as she struggles to breathe. I can't believe this is happening?.

I leapt on the first rogue to appear in my sight, snapping it's neck then ran forward to the battle ahead. My warriors were doing a great job defending the pack house when it hit me, her scent, Why was she outside? I sniffed the air again hoping that my mind was playing tricks on me but the scent was still there, I followed her scent to a group of rogues attacking a brown wolf as a golden coloured wolf tried to intervene. Everything from then on is a blur, the next thing I know is me kneeling in front of my mate in human form, bloody, surrounded by dead rogues. More howls and growls were heard as My Beta and the rest of the warriors arrived and dealt with the remaining rogues. Chris knelt beside me, telling me that the doctor and the rest of the pack were out of the bunker and heading upstairs.

Now here we are rushing to the clinic. I can barely hear her pulse when I place her on a bed, her rich brown coat of fur is now bloody red.
"Alpha, you need to move so that we can help her". Dr Williams says, I turn my head staring into his eyes, nose flared and body trembling.
"What the Fuck was she doing outside?" I ask my face contorted with rage.
"With all due respect, Now is not the time to ask that" Dr Williams holds his hands in the air as he approaches "Alpha, you need to leave, we must work as quickly as possible, she needs to change back". Kathy whines, her chest rising and falling with rapid breaths "Luna is in pain Alpha" I back away, lowering my head, a nurse pushes me out the door and I let her

"help her" I say desperately as she closes the door leaving me standing in the hallway. I put my hands on my head as my back hits a wall, dropping into a crouch. A gut-wrenching scream rips through the air, my body moves on its own accord, kicking the door open rushing to Kathy's bedside.
"What happened?" I ask breathing hard, I hunch over, my eyes roam all around her body, she's changed back. Now the wounds are more visible, there is blood gushing out from a wound on her stomach and claw marks all over her body, I wish I never saw her injuries, the images are forever engraved in my mind.
"We had to give her an injection to change her back, now please Alpha, let me do my job" Dr Williams says, he begins to examine her body. I stand, motionless, the nurse guides me out of the room again. I sink to the floor with my head in my hands as I sob. Oh goddess please save her, I can't lose her.

"Alpha" Chris says placing a hand on my shoulder, "is there any news?" I shake my head. 

"They wont tell me anything" Kathy is currently in surgery and I have been waiting for news for more than five hours. Doris came to sit with me for about two hours then left to check on Vincent.
"How many warriors did we lose?"
"We have lost twenty-two warriors" Chris says, I nod my head in understanding.
"Have their families been informed?"
"Yes Alpha"
"The injured, any of them life threatening?
"A few but they will survive, werewolf healing already kicked in" he says, except for my mate, the doctor said that Kathy's injuries were to severe to only rely on werewolf healing.
"The former Alpha and Luna are on their way" he says. Mum and Dad decided to travel after I took over as Alpha but I need them here, they will need to temporarily take over, I need to focus my attention on Kathy.
"She saved Lea's life, you know"
"Who?"
"Luna, she saved Lea's life" the golden coloured wolf. That was Lea.
"She was not supposed to be there" I say in a subdued voice
"I am sorry Alpha".

We wait for another hour when Dr Williams finally walks out of the operating room.
"How's she? She's going to be fine, right?" I ask standing from a chair in the waiting room, Chris and Doris stand by my side.
"The surgery went well, she should recover" Dr Williams says with a despondent expression  "But we couldn't save the pregnancy" Doris gasps as my mind reels from the information "due to the severity of the injuries, we had to perform a hysterectomy" Doris sobs as she covers her mouth with her hands.
"What does that mean?" I ask sullenly
"We had to remove her...womb, I am so sorry Alpha"
I stare blankly at the adjacent wall.