CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Kathy's POV

"Do you remember when we were teenagers, we would sneak out of the pack lands to go to the human town" Grace says with a reminiscent look on her face 

"I remember, our parents would be so mad and ground us for weeks" I laugh.
"How the years have passed by my dear friend, look at where we are now." we walk arm in arm along a stone path through the familiar grounds of Moonshine pack "we are both Lunas, well, soon to be former Luna for me but still Luna, and you are mated to one young hot sexy Alpha, so now tell me" she stops to look at me "how is he?" . 

"He treats me well" she snorts

"you know that's not what I meant" 

"nope, I am not saying anything more" I shake my head 

"Oh come on Kathy " she whines "we have always shared everything, okay, whisper it to me" turning her head to the side placing her ear closer to my face . 

"Okay, fine! but I am not going into details"
"I will take anything " she says with wide expectant eyes 

"his good in...at what he does" I say in a low voice.   

" Really, that's all? I will take that for now but I will still need more details later, so is there a bun in the oven?" she asks with a wiggle of the eyebrows while grinning " 

" What! No! It's too soon"
"Too soon Kathy? Look, you are not getting any younger, you need to produce an heir soon, time is not on your side"
"I know Grace, I know how this works".  We are half human and half wolf, the human side is like any other human, we age just like any other human, but our wolves enable us to be stronger, faster, heal at a faster rate and our senses are heightened, the human side is more rational in thinking while the wolf side relies solely on primal instinct, packs, hierarchy, family  and breeding, it is the duty of the Alpha female or Luna to produce an heir to the pack to ensure continuity.
"Am not telling you this to hurt you but because I care about you" she says giving me a side hug.
I was hoping that Michael and I had more time to enjoy ourselves before the talk of us having a pup began but I was delusional, I need to get pregnant soon.

Later in the evening, Michael and I get ready for the Alpha ceremony and head to the main hall where it is taking place. "Aunt Kathy" I turn my head to the sound of the voice "Ian, Hi, look at you all grown up"  

"Come on Aunt, it has not been that long, Alpha Michael, thank you for coming" Ian says while holding his hand out for a handshake, 

"You are welcome, I hope that the good relationship our packs share will continue after you become Alpha " Michael responds while placing his hand in his in a strong handshake. I notice a young lady by his side, she is slim with pale skin, long black hair and large dark brown eyes. I think I know who she is but I need Ian to confirm it so I draw my eyes to Ian then back to her then back to him hoping he will get the hint 

"My apologies, Alpha, Luna, this is my mate Maya".  I knew it but why didn't Grace tell me that her son found his mate.? 

"Wow, it's so nice to meet you Maya" 

"Nice to meet you too Alpha Michael, Luna Kathy". She says.
The Alpha ceremony takes place and Ian is now officially the new Alpha of Moonshine pack. After the ceremony, we pack up and head to the SUV in the company of the former Alpha and Luna. "Please do keep in touch, you know even though we no longer share the mindlink, phones work too" Grace says while squeezing me in a hug.
" I promise to keep in touch"

"How did you feel being back there?" Michael asks on our drive back to Bloodhowler's pack with David in the driver's seat, Jude, Marco and Lydia occupying the other seats. 

"it felt different, going back to the pack where I have spent most of my life as Luna made me think of how far I have come, my past life, how I now need to focus on my future, our future " gazing into his eyes, I lean to touch my lips with his then place my head on his chest as he runs his fingers through my black curls giving me a kiss on the temple.
We cross the border into our pack land, while heading to the pack house, Michael suddenly stills, I tilt my head up to look at him, his eyes cloud over, his hands begin to clench by his sides turning the knuckles white. He is shaking with rage as the cloud clears from his eyes making move back a bit as I continue to stare at him, his irises change from there beautiful bright blue to black as his nostrils flare, his wolf is coming to the surface. 

"Michael, come down baby, what's wrong? What's happening?" he opens his mouth to utter the words that send a chill down my spine
"Rogues".