CHAPTER TWENTY NINE

Kathy's POV

"Oh, she's so beautiful" I say staring at the beautiful baby in my arms, Michael stands behind me.
Sandra just gave birth and the baby is just so cute. She thought that the baby was going to be a boy judging by how the baby according to her ''would not sit still' but the goddess had other plans and blessed her with a girl with beautiful green eyes just like her and black hair.
"Thank you Luna" she says. It's been over a month now and things are good, Michael and I have... progressed.
"What's her name?"
"Chris and I" she looks to Chris then back at me "with your blessing of course would like to name her Katherine" Sandra says.
"Ooh" I say astonished
"Or if you don't want us to..." Sandra continues but I interrupt her "I would be honored" I say, looking to Michael who has an affectionate smile on his face. "Thank you"
"It is settled then, Katherine Marie Thomas, meet your lovely god parents" Chris says.

"Are you okay" I ask my mate as we walk out of the clinic. He has been awfully quiet ever since we met the baby.
"I am fine beautiful, I need to go and complete some paperwork at the office, I will see you later" he says pressing a kiss to my lips, turning to walk away.
"Is everything okay?" I ask grabbing his wrist.
"Everything is fine" he replies lifting my chin looking into my eyes "I just have a lot of paperwork"
"Okay, I will see you later then"

I leisurely walk to my house whilst contemplating my mate's behavior. Of course, the baby, how could I not see it? the look in his eyes, the longing, he will never get a chance to hold his baby. Its all my fault, nothing is ever going to change that.

Reaching the house, I find my father-in-law standing outside my door.
"Hello Alpha"
"No, please just Derrick is fine, how are you Kathy?"
"I am fine" I walk to the door to unlock it, I invite him in.
"I know you are probably wondering what I am doing here" he says while taking a sit "I need to talk to you"
"Oh okay, can I offer you something to drink?"
"No, I am fine, please sit"
"Okay, what did you want to talk to me about?"
"Kathy, you are a good woman, a wonderful Luna and mate to my son. you have been able to rise above every challenge thrown at you which shows that you are a strong woman, that is why I have come to you instead of going to my son"
"What can I help you with Alp- Derrick?"
"Kathy, you are a grown mature woman who has gone through the ups and downs of life, you have seen how our world works, how we live"
I wish he could get to the point.
"What am trying to say is that I need your help with my son"
"What kind of help?"
"I need you to convince my son to have a child through surrogacy" My heartbeat quickens. "I know it's too much to ask of you and am sorry for putting you in this position but am doing this for the good of the pack" I continue to stare at him, I am at a loss for words "the pack needs an heir, Michael and I will only end up arguing if I bring it up to him, that is why I need you to convince him"
I am still trying to process, he wants me to convince my mate to have a child with another woman, it would have been much easier to convince him if I still had my ovaries which would have meant that the surrogate would carry our child but since they were removed during the operation, I have to convince my mate to have a child with another woman, her pup  not mine. Will I be able to go through with it?
"I-uh will see what I can do"