CHAPTER SEVEN

Kathy's POV

After I leave Michael's office, I head downstairs in search of my mother and son, I start with the floor just below his office where pack members stay. The pack house has four floors, the top floor is for the Alpha, the other three floors have multiple doors which house the pack members, ground floor has the kitchen, dining and living/TV room areas.
As I am walking down the large corridor, I think of how I am going to know which room my mum and son are staying in. My mum and I no longer share the mind link because we are currently pack less, our link to Moonshine pack is gone and we are yet to join this pack for a mind link to be created, we will need to have a ceremony where I have to cut my hand then the Alpha has to cut his hand to share our blood to create a mind link with the pack but that is for another day. And I don't have my phone with me because I left it in my bag which is with my mum. I could turn around and go back to Michael's office but I don't want to face him again. I need time to process things.

"Excuse me, are you looking for someone? " I turn around to see a woman walking towards me "do you need help?" she asks. She is tall about 6'3", statuesque with dark shiny skin, light brown eyes, dreadlocks cascading down her back and well built, definitely a warrior .
"Uh yes I am looking for my room, we just arrived today"
"oh, you must be our new pack members, give me a sec" her eyes cloud over as she mind links with someone " please follow me I will take you to your room"
"Am Melissa by the way, I am the head warrior, welcome to the pack"
"My name is Kathy, pleased to meet you" we walk down downstairs to the next floor, "so, what do you think of the pack so far" Melissa asks as we walk through the long corridor " I have only met a few people so far and they have been nice ".
"You will enjoy it here, our Alpha is a good and understanding man"
"Yes, he is" if she only knew the relationship I had with him. "Well, here we are" she says as we stand in front of one of the many doors. "this is yours, your mum and son should be inside."
"Thank you"
"No problem, let me know if there is anything else you need and once you are settled in, please join us for dinner " I nod with a smile and she turns to leave.

As soon as I open the door my mum crushes me in a hug

"I was so worried about you"

I wrap my arms around her needing her embrace, her comfort. She has always provided stability for me especially in the last two years, my anchor when waves of sadness crushed me down, she is always reminding me of the what is important

"I am fine Mum, everything is fine, where is Vince? "I notice that this is not actually a room but a small flat with a small kitchen, living room with a large TV attached to the wall, this pack is bigger than Moonshine.

"he is sleeping" she replies sitting on a couch facing the window. I walk through a small corridor and see three doors, two on the left and the other one on the right, I open the door to my left, I see my son sleeping soundly, the room is quite big. The walls are painted in a light green color with a large Queen size bed, small closet. I open the next door and notice a small shower and toilet, to my right is another bedroom with white walls

"Wow, this is bright" I say walking into the bedroom.

"What is bright honey?"

"the room"
"was waiting to hear your opinion on this one" she laughs. The room is similar to the other one, Queen sized bed, small closet.
"Am sure your mate will be more than willing to change the color to anything you want "
"Can we not talk about him" I groan
"honey, he is your mate"
"So now you accept him"
"I never said that I did not accept him, besides whether I accept him or not, he is your mate, not mine. All I want is for you to happy " she places her hand on my shoulder giving it a gentle squeeze.
"Am not ready, I never thought this would happen, it's too soon"
"Honey, it's been two years since Joseph died, we came here for a new start, this is your new start"
"I need time"
"Am sure your mate will be willing to give you the time you need but remember that you are his first mate, he is experiencing this for the first time so he will want you by his side soon and am sure that because of the bond you will also want to be with him".
"I know".
"Why don't you rest for a while" mum says as she leaves my room and flat to go to her own room. I close my eyes and drift off to sleep. After about an hour, I wake up take a shower and check on my son. He is still asleep.

"Wake up my love" I shake him a bit, "we need to get ready" he slowly opens his eyes.

"good morning mummy" he says

"it's evening my love, wake up we need to go downstairs for dinner" I chuckle. He is so adorable. Once we are done, we meet with mum on our way and head downstairs.
Once we reach downstairs, my Wolf gets excited and I know he is here, but I choose to ignore him. We head straight to the kitchen to help with the cooking, my son decides to go outside and play and is followed by my mother to keep an eye on him, I hope he can make new friends.
The large kitchen is bustling with women trying to get the cooking done.
"Hello" I turn my head towards the sound of the voice and notice a girl, about 4'11" staring at me with a beaming smile on her face, "
"Hi"
"how are you? You must be one of the new pack members, welcome, you wondering how I know, well I have never seen you before since I know everyone in this pack, am Bernice, or you can call me ber or nice, you know because am nice, hahaha ". Wow, she's bubbly.
"Do you need anything? You must be tired from all the travelling, how is the outside world? I have never left the pack" she says as few strands of black hair fall out of her bun.
"Huh" What was the first question?
"It must be nice out there, you know driving, feeling the wind in your hair, discovering new places. yes, I know turning into a wolf is cool, you get to feel the wind in your fur as you run in the woods but it's no..." her eyes cloud over suddenly while she is being mind linked. I notice that all the pack members' eyes are clouded over which is kind of creepy from an outsider's perspective. When her eyes return to her normal emerald she turns and starts walking towards the door leading to the outside.
"Bernice, where are you going?" where is everyone going?.
"What, oh sorry, forgot, you don't have the mind link yet, Alpha has called for a short ceremony to introduce you to the pack, so let's go" she says as she leads me outside.
I panic, his doing this now. Once we are outside, I find my mum and son, my mum gives me a reassuring smile, we walk towards the open field where a small stage is set. Michael comes on stage and begins the announcements, my mum, son and I are guided by his Beta to the stage.
"I would like to introduce you to my mate and your Luna Kathy, her son Vincent and her Mother Doris ". He says. I hear gasps around me, but I pay no attention to them, I glare at my mate, eyes hardened and narrowed into slits, I can't believe he did this.