CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Michael's POV

"Good evening pack" I announce standing on the stage, all eyes on me, weary eyes, fearful eyes, solemn eyes.
"I must admit that initially I called this meeting to admonish my Beta and warriors for their callousness, I was prepared to hand out severe punishments but I find myself unable to do that" facing my side, Chris has a look of astonishment on his face "this is the first major attack we have had in a while and I am glad that non of us were hurt, but, this cannot happen again, the number of people on patrols will be doubled and a dusk till dawn curfew is now in place. During this time, all pack members are to be in the pack house or their households, anyone found lurking around the woods after curfew will be dealt with, understood?!"
"Yes Alpha" pack members say while I nod my head in approval.
"Today has been a long and eventful day and am sure we all need to rest. Therefore, I will not keep you here, you may all leave" Pack members bow their heads in submission, baring their necks then disperse.
"I am proud of you" Kathy says as she walks up to me, placing her hand in mine with an enchanting smile. Beautiful.
"Alpha" Chris walks up to me with Sandra by his side
"Evening Chris, you need to come up with a list of new warriors who will be added to patrols "
"Am sorry Alpha, I am so sorry" Chris says, his eyes glued to the ground as Sandra runs her hand along his arm
"I know you are"
"I made a mistake"
"Yes you did but we must move on from this, I hope you have learned from your mistake" Chris looks up with a relieved look on his face. 

"Yes I have, Thank you Alpha, I promise never to let you down again" he says while I nod my head in agreement 

"Good". In truth, my reaction would have been different if any of my pack members died.

"Well like Michael said, it has been a long day we all need to get some rest" Kathy says
"Of course Luna, goodnight" Sandra says as she walks away hand in hand with Chris. Kathy and I head to the pack house to get Vincent then walk to our house.

"You did well today" Kathy says breathlessly while running her palm in smooth circles over my chest as we lay in bed, legs tangled in our sheets, our breaths heavy from our love making.
"I did what any other Alpha would have done" she shakes her head in disagreement. Placing her chin on my chest, her beautiful brown eyes gazing into mine.
"You are different from other Alphas, you are kind and unselfish" she says, placing a kiss on my chest.

"I love you" I suck in a breathe, my heart beats erratically "I love you Michael, with all that I am, with all that I have.... I love you" I lean in to touch my lips with hers, sucking on her bottom lip as I run my fingers through her luscious curls.
"I love you too beautiful, now and for years to come"

"Years to come?" she rises her eyebrow teasingly "even when am old and wrinkly"

"I will love you still"

"Even when I am so old that I have to be carried everywhere"

"I will love you still" she grins

"Even when I lose all my teeth"

"Are you serious?" I ask amused

"Yes, it will happen" she says defensively

"Okay" I grab her chin with my fingers, tilting her head up so that she can see the sincerity in my eyes "I will love you still"

"Even when I can't give you children" her voice low and timid

" I will love you still, with all my heart, I love you now and forever".