CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

Michael's POV

"Dude come on! close your mouth"

"The - food - is - jush- sho good" Chris says, trying to talk between munches on the meat.

"You would think that it is his first time eating meat" Dante adds. The festival is still ongoing, people are now stuffing their faces and trying to get drunk.

"Any news on David?" I ask, bending down to get a beer from the cooler.

"No news Alpha" Dante replies

I am beginning to get worried, Dante and David went into the human town two days ago to buy supplies but according to Dante, David went into a shop and never came out. Dante tried to search for him, even I went to search for him with other warriors but his scent ends in the shop, it's like he disappeared right in the middle of it.

He is not dead, I would have felt it but I don't know who took him. I hope it's not rogues. No. Rogues would not brazen enough to kidnap a warrior of one of the strongest packs. What would they gain if they did kidnap him?

I have not yet announced his disappearance to the rest of the pack, as far as everyone is concerned, I sent him on an errand to Moonshine pack.

I see my father standing with other members of the pack. I know I told Kathy I wouldn't confront him but I have to, he may be former Alpha but I am the current Alpha, I am in charge of this pack and I will not let anyone, father or not, meddle in my personal affairs.

"Alpha" members say as I walk through the crowd towards my father, they tilt their heads barring their necks . I acknowledge their submission with a head nod.

"Can we talk, in private" I whisper in his ear though am sure pack members can hear me. It's so weird in our world, you always have to pretend to not be listening to other people's conversations who are in proximity to you despite the fact that you can hear them loud and clear. It makes for awkward moments. That is why most of the rooms in the pack house are soundproof.

"Sure son" an apprehensive smile on his face. We head upstairs to my office.

"I know why you called me here. This is about my visit to your house" he says sitting in a chair across from me, arms folded. "Am sure Kathy must have told you what we talked about"

"Yes, she did and you had no right to ask that of her. You have no right to meddle in our lives"

"No right? I have every right!. I will not sit by and watch the pack that I built into one of the strongest in the world be ruined by an Alpha who will not perform his duty" he rants

"I have taken care of this pack, in what way have I failed?" I ask, standing with my hands pressed on my desk.

"Do not play dumb son, you and I know that the pack needs a successor"

"I have a son!"

"He is not Alpha!" he stands from his sit "I know you love him but he is not of Alpha blood"

"We don't know that for sure" I argue

"Enough son, feigning ignorance towards the matter will not change facts" he yells in frustration "look, I am not implying that you leave Kathy, she is your mate, all I simply ask is that you sire an heir"

"No"

"No? No?" he snickers "You are joke of an Alpha". My fists clench by my sides, rolling my shoulders, I glare at my father.

"What did you just say?" fury vibrates through my being. My Wolf rising to the surface.

"I said you are a joke. A failure" he taunts

"You will not disrespect me or else?"

"Or else what? I may no longer be Alpha of this pack  but I am still Alpha non the less" I stomp round my desk to stand face to face with him.

"I will not have you disrespecting me, I am Alpha of this pack!"

"Then act like an Alpha of this pack and stop behaving like a little pup" he turns and walks out of my office.

"Fuck" I bellow.

I run my fists into a wall in quick succession creating a large dent. Falling to my knees, I stare at my shaking hands, my knuckles are stained with blood. Tears well up in my eyes. I fight back, I will not let them fall.

I feel weak, I let him disrespect me. But I cannot retaliate, for the good of the pack. No one wants to see two Alpha's fight, much less father and son.

Taking a deep breathe in and out, I walk downstairs to join the rest of the pack.

"Have you seen Kathy?" I ask Monica. I Have not seen my mate for a while now. "um noooo Alpha but she - she must be here somewhere, I will go look for her" she says, her voice sluggish. It seems like we bought enough alcohol this time to get even werewolves drunk.

"It's fine" I chuckle holding her steady "I will find out where she is. "Mindlink" I say pointing to my temple. She nodes her vigorously while I sit her back down.

"Hey beautiful, where are you?" I mindlink Kathy

"Home, I decided to leave early, Vincent is here with me"

"Why? Are you not feeling well? Should I come?"

"I am fine my love, don't worry about me, just enjoy the festivities."

"Okay, I will see you soon"

I decide to do what my mate told me to do, enjoy.

I grab a bottle of beer and gulp it down, it burns as it goes down my throat, a bitter taste it leaves in my mouth but that does not stop me. I drink more, and more till the world swirls around me,  It feels like I am floating, no anger, no thoughts to bring me down, I have no worries, I wish it could stay like this. Forever.