CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

Kathy's POV

"Yes you would, you know that deep down its the only way"
I toss and turn as the little witch's words keep replaying in my head. I will never do such a thing, it goes against everything I believe in. Besides, no being is capable of breaking a bond as sacred as the mate bond, it is unheard of, it is absurd.
I get out of bed, walk to the kitchen to make a cup of tea. I cannot sleep so might as well wait for Michael in the living room. I hear footsteps, looking outside through my window I see Michael, he can barely walk but slowly lurches forward, leaning on Dante for support with his arm around his shoulder. They fumble their way to the wooden steps.
"Shhh, Kathy is asleep, we need to keep our voices down" Michael says pressing his index finger to his lips, he chuckles as he leans back, laying across the wooden steps. It seems he had a lot to drink, with our high metabolism, how many crates of beer did he go through to get this drunk?. "Alpha, you have had too much to drink, come, let me help you inside" Dante tries to help him up but he slaps his hand away "No, N-o am having fun right here" he pouts. Okay, this is ridiculous, I walk to the door to unlock it to let in the drunk Alpha.
"You know I - I didn't ask for this" Michael cries out. I halt in my steps wondering where this conversation is going "All I ever wanted was a mate...have pups...live happily ever after. Is that too much to ask?"
"Alpha, you really need to..."
"Noooo" he shouts, cutting his warrior off "I feel happy after a long while, you don't understand, the past two years have been really hard, I am...tired of the arguing, the pain. I just want to be happy." His words pierce through my heart like a dagger. They say an inebriated person will always speak what is in the heart as there are no inhibitions or thoughts of consequence. He probably won't even remember but it doesn't make it hurt any less. The truth hurts.
"Okay Alpha, come, let's get you inside" Dante finally helps him up, I wipe my eyes to ensure that no treacherous tear has fallen. Walking the few remaining steps, I pull the door open to let them in.  "Luna, you are still awake?" Dante asks trying to hold is balance with the added weight. "Yes couldn't sleep"
"Hey beautiful" My all so drunk mate says with a broad smile, bloodshot eyes still hanging onto Dante. I move out of the way to allow them in.
"Just leave him there" I tell Dante motioning him to the couch.
"Is there anything else I can help you with Luna?" Dante looks at me inquisitively after placing my mate on his bed for the night.
"No,Thank you Dante"
"It is not a problem Luna" he bows then turns to leave.

My mate is out as soon as his head touches the arm rest, I take off his shoes, place a pillow under his head and cover him with a blanket.
Kneeling beside him, I run my fingers through his hair as he mumbles in his sleep. "You are the joke Alpha" he mutters. What?.
Placing a kiss to his forehead, I begin to trace his face with my fingers as I admire his features. His short brown wavy hair, his strong jaw, his beautiful tan skin.  I just want to be happy. The words that hurt my soul, my Wolf. The wolf within howls in anguish at the thought of our mate's sadness. What was the goddess thinking when she paired me with him? He is right, the past two years have been hard on him. He didn't ask for this. He is only twenty two, his young, he has his whole life ahead of him. he could have had it all if not for me. I ruined his life. I am ruining his life. He deserves better.
"I know you probably can't hear me" his snores are my reply as they fill the room, eliciting a giggle out of me.
"My mate, My love, I am so happy that I met you" I let the treacherous tears fall this time "after Joseph I didn't think I will ever love again but then you came and you made me so happy. All I have done is bring you misery" I sniffle "I will make it right. I promise. I love you so so much never forget that" stroking his forehead, I lay my upper body on top of his as I cry in silence.
After hours of little to no sleep, I wake up to the rising sun, take a bath then head out of the bedroom. Michael is still passed out on the couch. I decide to get started on breakfast.
I hear groaning, movement on the couch. I pop my head into the living room.
"Morning"
"Morning" he grumbles sitting up holding his head "Ah...I feel like shit"
"You also look like shit" I say walking towards him "You smell like shit too".
"Oh thank you, thank you my love for the that. I had not noticed" he states sarcastically, I laugh.
"Come on, let's go, you need a bath" grabbing his hands, I lead him to our bedroom and push him into the bathroom. I go back to the kitchen to finish preparing breakfast. Michael emerges about thirty minutes later with Vincent.
"I guess I had too much to drink ha" Michael says after swallowing his food.
"Yes, You did, how many bottles of beer did you have anyway?" I ask whilst taking a bite of my pancake.
"I can't really remember, I just started with one, then two, I think there was vodka. I just hope I didn't do or say something stupid in front of the pack. Or in front of you"
"Don't worry about it, you did not embarrass yourself in front of me". What he does not know won't hurt him. I doubt Dante will mention his Alpha's drunken episode outside our house to anyone.
He sighs "but for the pack, I don't know, you are going to have to ask Dante what happened at the festival after you got intoxicated" I suggest, he covers his face with his hands "goddess, what was I thinking" he groans
"I don't think it was that bad" I try to ease his worry "besides, what's the worst you could have done, dance in your birthday suit - which is like totally normal in our world". My mate and son both burst into laughter.
"I love you" he exclaims, grabbing my hand kissing my knuckles, his eyes full of love.
"I love you too"
"I love you guys too" My son yells not wanting to be left out. "And we love you too son" My mate says
They say love leads to happiness. right? We are one happy family. We are supposed to be happy but he is not happy.