CHAPTER FIVE

Kathy's POV

When my mum and son leave with the warrior, I turn to look at my mate who seems to be deep in thought and has a creepy smile on his face.

Well, he is handsome with tan skin, blue eyes and brown hair but no. I can't do this. I cough to catch his attention and he looks at me. "This will not work. I can't, I don't want another mate" I blurt out and I can see the heartbreak in his eyes.

"but why? I have waited for two years just for us to meet and now you tell me that we can't work"

"You don't understand, I had a mate, my only mate. I cannot have a second chanc - wait you said you have waited two years for me that means" my eyes widen as it dawns on me. "Oh my goddess! You are twenty! " my mate is young, how did I not see this? I look at his face more intently, oh my he is young, why am seeing this just now? am old enough to be his mother. Yes, his tall and huge with a six pack that I can see through the tight shirt his wearing. Oh I would love to lick... No! I am going off track. Focus Kathy Focus. He is young enough to be my son! "why is this happening? is this some kind of cruel joke, why would the goddess do this, why would she mate me to someone so young" I mutter

"does it matter?" he asks

"well of course it matters, I am 38 years old and you are 20, I have a son I had a mate, I have lived. And you...you are still young, you have a whole life ahead of you. You need someone young by your side, to give you an an heir! besides, what will people think?".

"It doesn't matter what people think Kathy, if it is the will of the goddess besides Alphas are mated to young lunas all the time why can't a luna be older than an alpha"

"it is not how the world works and you know it, goddess's will or not, I will be hated for something I had no control over. "

" No one will hate you. My pack will love and respect you. And our age difference does not matter to me, all that matters is we have each other, and we can build our life together" he reaches out placing his hands in mine. He doesn't understand.
" I have to go check on my son" I remove my hands from his and turn to leave. "Go, check on your son and rest then I will introduce you to the pack tonight" he says as I open the door "please don't tell the pack about us being mates tonight" I say as I turn my head to look into his eyes.

"Okay, Kathy. Whatever you wish"
"By the way, what is your name? Am sorry my mother arranged the move, I was not really paying attention to details" I have not been myself for the past two years, last Alpha I remember of the Bloodhowler's pack was Alpha Derrick, this must be his son.
"It is okay Kathy, my name is Michael" of course, Alpha Grayson and Luna Grace visited his pack when he was born. 20 years ago! When I was 18!

"Well thank you Alpha Michael ". I say calmly despite the whirlwind of emotions I feel inside
" please just call me Michael" he says.

"Thank you Michael, I will see you uh around". I quickly shut the door and walk down the hallway looking for my mum.