33. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙡𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪

Y/n's POV

We threw a rock through the sliding doors of a closed down store and broke inside, helping Eleven through the doors too. We walked down the medical supplies aisle and set El down against a shelf. I made sure to stay with her as Lucas and Will went to look for a bowl while Nancy and Jonathan looked for soap and water. They also did the same for me and bandaged me up to which I thanked them. I then decided to go look for some food since I was starving and to look for something for Owen. But I had to find a phone to call the babysitter. It began to ring as she picked up.

"Y/n, is that you? Listen, I cannot watch over Owen—"

"You listen here! I need you to watch my baby because something is happening to me right now that is putting my child in danger!! I am asking you for my child's life and not mine. And if you dare say no, how could you? My child is at stake here—"

"Fine! Fine I'll watch your baby."

I smile, "thank you. Come to the local store, I'll be out front."

I hung up and waited out front for her to come.

•••

I then saw her car pull up and park. I race to her as she lowered her window and shoved Owen into her hands.

"Can't talk, take Owen, be safe please! And he's sleeping, so don't wake him." I said.

She stalled as I ran back inside with her finally leaving. But then Max and Lucas started to wheel out a cart of fireworks as they talks smack about each other. So I helped them to the car and load up all the fireworks and get in with them.

"Y/n? Where's Owen?" Max asked me.

"With his babysitter."

•••

We had gotten to the mall and heard that some guards were there along with Steve, Robin, Erica, and Dustin. They were hunting them down. So El made the car in the mall go off while the guards came closer to the counter Steve, Robin, Dustin, and Erica were hiding behind as a distraction. Once we distracted them, El stood at the railing and made the car fly into the air and hit all the guards. That's when Steve, Robin, Erica, and Dustin slowly stood from the counter and looked up at us. So we all met up with them downstairs and hugged each other and began to talk.

"Guys, I'll be right back." I said.

I began to walk away and look at all the bright lights. I looked around and heard ringing in my ears as I then stumbled and collapsed onto the ground. I spit out saliva and tried getting up again but felt the sharp pain. I just laid on the ground and sighed.

"I need to...I need to rest for a minute...fuck." I mutter to myself.

That's when I heard screaming and yelling so I tried it get up and run to the party the beat I could. Once I got there, I saw a little thing that looked like the Mind Flayer try and crawl away as Eleven's leg bled out more. That's when someone stepped on the thing to which I looked up and saw Hopper with Joyce and Murray. I smiled and he looked to me.

"Hey." He said.

"Hey.." I manage out.

That's when I collapsed again, having Hopper catch me and hold me. I began to cry in pain.