13. 𝙏𝙧𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙙𝙮

Y/n's POV

The doctors at the lab had me change into a nurse outfit just like the rest of everyone for some reason which I wasn't going to lie, I looked great in it. Me, doctor Owens, Mom, Mike, Bob, Hopper, and a few other doctors surrounded Will's bed as he didn't seem to remember anyone except for Mike. But Dr.Owens had suggested he'd try something to 'understand what was going on'. So I noticed he had another doctor wheel in a glass and metal container with one of the vines from the place Will had described us about.

"Now, Will, I want you to just let us know if you feel anything. Okay?" Dr.Owens asked Will.

That's when the other doctors left but one stayed and turned on a blowtorch and slowly lowered it closer to the vine.

"What? Are you crazy?" I asked Dr.Owens.

He nods, "slightly, but this will help us understand what is going on. Trust us."

As the doctor lowered the blowtorch to the vine as it began wiggling.

"Do you feel anything?" Owens asked Will.

"A...little sting." Will managed out.

"It stings? Where?" Owens asked again

Will gripped his chest, "my chest!"

Then the heart rate monitor started to go up and escalate quickly. Mom went and comforted Will as then the doctor lowered the blow torch more onto the vine as Will winced.

"How about now?" Owens asked.

"It...it burns!"

The doctor lowered it more as Will gasped, "ah! It burns!"

Owens furrowed his brows, "where?"

Will winced again, "everywhere!!"

"Alright, that's enough, stop it." I said to the doctor.

He looked back at me, then to Owens and lowered it more. Will began to scream more as everyone got worried.

"Stop! You heard her! Stop!!" Hopper screamed.

"Stop!! The enough!!" Mom belted to the doctor.

Finally when Owens nodded to the doctor, he released the blowtorch from the vine as the heart rate monitor then went down. I rushed to Will and took his hand.

"It's okay...it's okay..." I assured him.

He looked at me, "Y...Y/n?"

I smiled, "yes, yea it's me, Will."

He seemed confused as he looked around and then back at me.

"Your neck...did someone hurt you?"

I blushed and laughed, "No, Billy didn't hurt me."

"Billy? He did that?"

I mentally palmed myself in the face for saying it was Billy.

"Yeah, it was out of...love, okay? Don't worry about that."

•••

It had been a while since Owens and the other doctors left to run tests on Will. I had sat in the room with Mom, Bob, and Will as Hopper went to his car to do something. Mike had also stayed for Will incase anything happened to him, to protect him.

"You know...I just...I just can't." Mom said and got up and left.

Me and Bob were confused and watched mom go down the hall and to the two MP's standing at the door.