17. 𝙄 𝙥𝙧𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛

Y/n's POV

I laid on the table in terrible pain still. Steve leaned against the counter, Dustin, Lucas, Max, and Mike sat around the table as I had laid on top. Then Mike got up and walked to the board games Bob had brought before all this and picked up a blue box.

"Did you guys know that Bob was the original found of Hawkins AV?"

"Really?" Lucas asked.

Mike looked at us, "He petitioned the school to start it and everything. Then he had a fund-raiser for equipment. Mr.Clarke learned everything from him. Pretty awesome, right?"

He walked to us with the Blue box still in his hand.

"Yeah." Dustin and Lucas both said.

He set the Blue box down next to me.

"We can't let him die in Vain."

"What do you want to do, Mike? The Chief's right on this. We can't stop those Demo-dogs on our own." Dustin said.

Max scoffed, "Demo-dogs?"

Dustin and Lucas looked at her.

"Demogorgon...dogs...Demo-dogs..? It's like a compound. It's like a play in words—" Dustin was cut off.

"Okay." Max said.

I chuckle, "you guys who call yourselves a party really get a kick outta me."

Dustin sighed, "I mean, it was just Dart, maybe..."

"But there's an army now." Lucas butted in.

"Precisely."

"His army." Mike mumbled.

"What do you mean?" Steve asked.

"His army!" Mike exclaimed, "maybe if we stop him, we can stop his army, too."

Everyone then ran out as I peaked my head up.

"I'm still here!" I shout.

A few minutes later, everyone came out onto the table so Hopper gentle lifted me off and helped me stand somewhat. Dustin slammed his D&D book down on the table and showed us a character.

"The Mind Flayer." Dustin said.

"What the hell is that?" Hopper asked.

"It's a monster from an unknown dimension. It's so ancient that it doesn't even know it's true home. Okay, it enslaves races of other dimension by taking over their brains using its highly-developed psionic powers."

Hopper clicked his tongue, "oh my god, none of this is real. This is a kids' game."

Dustin shook his head, "No, it's a manual. And it's not for kids. And unless you know something that we don't, this is the beat metaphor—"

"Analogy." Lucas corrected Dustin.

Dustin looked at Lucas, "Analogy? That's what you're worried about?"