29. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙩𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙨 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙢𝙚 𝙖 𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙚𝙧

Y/n's POV

I was called by Eleven and Max to meet up at my house so when they had gotten here, I knew something was off. They seemed hesitant to ask me something but eventually they did.

"Y/n...we know it's pouring outside but we found an address that maybe could find Heather."

I furrow my brows, "Heather? That lifeguard at the pool?"

Max nods, "Billy had a girl tied up on the floor somewhere and we found her lifeguard Fanny pack under the sink at my house...and some nude magazines in Billy's drawers."

I scoff and cross my arms, "enough with the nude magazines, I'll talk to him about that later, but what?"

Eleven nodded, "she's in danger."

•••

I had driven with them to a house that we all were unfamiliar with but parked the car out front and went to the front door. Eleven opened the door with her powers as we began to walk inside. I noticed the pictures on the wall were if Nancy's boss at the post and...Heather...?

"This is Heather's house." I mumble.

"What?" Eleven asked.

"This is her house." Max repeated.

So we heard laughing from a female and rushed to the sound but saw a dinner table with three people sitting at eating at it. The wife, the husband, and Billy. I furrow my brows as they paused and looked at us.

"Max and Y/n." Billy said.

Something was terribly off with him... something terrible was wrong and I just knew it.

"We didn't mean to barge in. We tried to knock, but....maybe you didn't hear us over the storm." Max lied.

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" Nancy's boss asked.

Billy chuckled, "I'm sorry. Janet, Tom, this is my sister, Maxine. And my lovely girlfriend, soon to be fiancé, Y/n."

He stood and walked to us as Janet and Tom did an 'ohh'! As they had just realized I assume.

"What on earth are you guys doing here?" Billy asked as he approached.

He bent down and kissed me but it had shocked me. I felt so nervous and confused by what was happening as he parted from me and looked at Max.

"Is something wrong?" Billy asked again.

"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay." Max said.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?" He asked, genuinely confused.

"Where is she?" Eleven cut straight to the case.

"Im sorry, but where is who?" Billy snapped.

"Well, they're a little burnt, Im sorry—" it was Heather.

Billy smiled, "Heather! This is my sister, Maxine. And my lovely girlfriend, soon to be fiancé, Y/n. And I'm sorry, I did not quite catch your name?" Billy asked to El.

El looked at him, "El."

"El." Billy repeated with a nod, "now, what is it you were saying, El? You were looking for somebody?"

Eleven seemed confused and hurt at the same time because she knew her visions never were wrong, but this was very wrong.

"Why the hell are you here? Why the hell have you been acting so strange—and—and—and why did you tell me to stay away—" my voice began to crack.

Billy covered my mouth and smiled to Janet and Tom, but sighed when he looked back to me.

"Not now, sweetheart. Okay? I'm just here to have dinner with a very good friend of mine."

I couldn't help but fall into his arms and hug him. He seemed confused but hugged me back. As Heather and Billy talked about how Heather wasn't feeling so 'hot' today, that they nursed her back to health, that's why she's been gone. I just hugged Billy tight. But I pushed away and looked at him.

"It is your turn to watch our son. I won't get over it, ya know." I snap.

He shrugged, "of course! How could I forget? Silly me, I'll make sure to watch him."

I furrow my brows, "Billy, you're being weird."

He gasped a sigh he was offended, "me? Being weird? Darling, why would you accuse me of being weird?"

I shook my head, "you are never like this, completely the opposite, in fact....god. I can't believe you shut me out...girls, let's go."

As they began to walk out, I didn't but stood there and looked at Billy. Billy made eye contact with me which sent butterflies for my stomach.

"If you want to watch our boy, you need to have date night with me. No excuses."

He then nodded and smiled, kissing me and waving bye so I waved bye and left out the door. I assured the girls into the backseat of my car as I watched Billy stand at the door and watch us leave.

"Billy isn't acting right." Max said.

I nod, "I've noticed. He is the complete opposite—he never calls me darling and he never acts that way! And why would he be there to have dinner? He knew we had date night and he bailed, acted so strange the next day, he was in the cleaning supplies room and he told me to stay away! And now this?"

"I think...I think something isn't just weird about him...it's Heather as well. They both are." Eleven spoke.

I sighed, "who's house are we going to?"

"Max's."

•••

I had dropped off the girls and began to drive home as I kept thinking about Billy. He kissed me and let me hug him which was unusual for him since he told me to stay away—But I missed his hugs and kisses. I finally pulled into the driveway and parked, getting out and rushing inside. Still no mom or Jonathan which was odd but no Will either. I sighed and went to my room and checked on Owen to see him still asleep. I stripped my closed, turned off the lights, and went to sleep.

.