16. 𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙝 𝙤𝙛 𝙮𝙤𝙪

Y/n's POV

I finally made it outside with Mom, Mike, Will, and Hopper. Once they made it out, mom stayed in the lobby and waited for Bob. I sucked in a lip and looked back to mom.

"I'm going back in."

She gasped and looked at me, "no you are not!"

I nod, "I am. I'm helping Bob get out of here."

She came to me and hugged me, "you're staying here—"

"Bye, mom. See you on the flip side."

I pushed away from here and grabbed Hopper's walkie-talkie and ran inside.

"Y/n!! Get back here!!" Hopped shouted.

I grabbed a gun from a fallen MP and got in the same channel as Owens and Bob.

"Hey, I'm in."

"What the hell are you doing back in here,
Y/n?!" Bob scolded me.

"I'm helping you get out. In person guidance, ya know?"

"It's not safe." Owens added.

I nod, "I'm aware. Where are you?" I asked.

"Same floor as you, Y/n. First floor. Owens is on third." Bob replied.

"Got it."

I began walking down a hall until I saw Bob. I ran to him and hugged him as he hugged me back.

"You're so brave, but I'm still mad you came back in."

I smile, "I know. Let's go."

We began walking down the hall at a jogging pace together.

"Stop!!"

We then halted and raised our walkie's to our mouths.

"What?" I asked.

"What is it?" Bob asked.

"Bob, Y/n, there's a door on your left, do you see that?"

Me and Bob both looked at the door.

"Yeah." We both said.

"That's a closet."

I furrow my brows, "okay?"

"I need you both to get in it." Owens said.

Me and Bob looked at each other, "what?"

"Get—Now! Right now. Get in the closet!!"

So we hurried and got in the closet, shutting the door and hitting a rack of cleaning supplies. We turned off our flashlights and hid. I kept my gun close to me as we saw the shadow of one of the monsters appear at the door. It began to sniff under the door as Bob hugged me tight. I hugged him back and was struck with fear, straight to my core.

"How you guys holding up there, Y/n and Bob? You all right?" Owens asked.

"Yeah...yeah.. we're both fine." Bob huffed out.

"You got a pretty clear shot to the front door."

Bob nodded, "okay."

"You guys can do this, okay? You both are almost home free, all right, Y/n and Bob?"

As we opened the door, I stepped out and Bob started coming out until something dropped. A mop smacked the floor and made the whole halls echo. We slowly looked back and saw the monster drooling and growling at us.

"Run!!!" Owens shouted.

We began to run as I started firing at the monster. It started running at us so I stopped shooting and ran with Bob towards the front doors. We pushed open one set of doors as it was right behind us. It leaped at me and knocked me down, making me smack my face down on the tiles. It scratched my calf and clawed my chest. I tried fighting back but it sliced my hip to which I yelped. I kicked it off and shot it in the face. I got up and saw others coming down the halls. Bob helped me as I limped with him towards the front doors. As we got to the doors, we opened them and shut them on one of the monsters and huffed out in the lobby. I looked and saw Mom in shock.

"Bob...Y/n.."

That's when the door was burst down and it lunges at Bob. Mom screamed as I looked and backed up in fear. I tripped over myself and fell on my ass as Hopper rushed over to me and helped me up as he began firing at the monster. I dropped my gun as I saw it strike its claws into Bob's stomach, making him belt and cry out.

"Bob!!" I shout.

"No!!!!" Mom screamed.

Others burst through as we started pulling mom out and began running out of the Lab.

"What happened!?!?" Mike shouted as he held up Will.

"He's gone! He's gone!" Hopper yelled at my mom.

I cried as I heard the horns of a car honk. Mike came to me and helped me and Will run to Jonathan's car.

"Cmon! Get in!" He shouts.

We all ran and got in as the monsters pounded in the glass doors. I was in pain and felt myself bleed tons. Hopper took me in his car and picked up Max, Dustin, Lucas, and Steve at the front gates. Steve saw me in the back, applying pressure to my wounds.

"Holy shit!" Steve shouts.

I cried, "ahhh my god!"

"It's gonna be okay, Lovebug! Just breath, just breath, okay? Apply pressure—help her guys!!" Hopper shouted.

•••

We got back home as Will was laying down on the couch with Jonathan comforting him. Hopper was on the phone with the police, trying to send them to the lab to get Owens. I was on the table with bandages and wounds around my body. I had ice on it too as Max was next to me.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. Alright?"

I nod, "fuck...I'm so sorry, Max."

"Don't be. You were brave."

Everyone sat at the table as Hopper hung up the phone.

"They didn't believe you, did they?" Dustin asked.

"We'll see."

"We'll see!?" Mike asked angrily, "we can't just sit here while those things are loose!"

"We stay here, and we wait for help. Look at
Y/n. Look at her!! Imagine Bob. He's dead, kid. Y/n is bleeding out, she was braver than me to go back in there and try to save him."

Hopper sighed and walked away as I held onto Max's hand as she gave me more water to drink.

"Billy...Billy—I need to call Billy." I mumble.

"No, not now. Later though. Okay?"

I nod at Max and lay my head back down. I looked up at the ceiling and felt like crying. I tried saving Bob...but I couldn't. He died because of me—if I only had told him to keep running when we got out, he would be alive.

.