CHAPTER 26:The Future

"Hello love"

It was Ace. He was sitting beside me on a bed holding my hand.

"Hi" I whispered.

"How are you feeling? "he asked.

" Good, just really tired." I said.

It feels like I haven't slept in days and my entire body aches.

Ace smiled" I have to tell you something, love. "

" Okay". I said sitting up from my lying position wondering what he was going to say.

"The doctor said your fine and that Simon gave you a strong sedative which will ware off in a few hours and"....He hesitated closing his eyes..." Your pregnant".

I didnt say anything for a moment. I'm pregnant. I can't believe it but how, I just took a pregnancy test and it was negative.

I laughed until I saw the seriousness on his face. "What? But... How..The pregnancy test was negative."

"I know,the doctor said it was a false result. "he said standing up and going to a table and pouring me a glass of water.

He handed me the glass of water.
" The doctor did a scan and it seems you are 5 to 8 weeks pregnant...We're having twins Victoria..  I heard the heartbeats."

Twins.

" Twins". I whispered smiling putting my hand to my stomach.

How did I not know, I mean the night Ace and I had dinner with Lucinda I was really sick and I have never been that sick... Ever.

"What does this mean for us? "I asked averting my eyes back to his.

" What do you mean?" he asked confused.

" The Deal, the six month contract, what does this mean for us.. Are we going to stay together until I give birth or... "I didn't say the rest hoping he would figure it out.

He didn't say anything which is a bad sign, he looked out the plane window with his hands in his suit pockets.

"The deal stays the same but it will be delayed of course until you have the babies and then you can go home and I will come to visit the babies when ever I can."He said and left the room.

I started tearing up but blinked them away. I should have known his feelings weren't real, they were never real. I started reminiscing every moment we had. I love him, I love Ace de Luca, the ruthless mafia leader that I feared and hated for taking me from my life and Brie.

He just used me as an allibi...

While trying to hold myself together there was a knock on the door, it's probably Ace I thought, so I didn't say anything. The door opened and it was the last person I ever expected to see.

It was Elijah, my big brother who I havent seen since I was 16.

We didnt say anything, we just stared at each other not quite believing we  were reunited after all this time.

"Elijah" I said crying.

"Hey sis". Elijah said coming to the bed and sitting down and pulling me into a hug.

"Your here, I thought I'd never see you again."I said not wanting to let go of him.

" I'm sorry I left,I had no choice but I'm here now and I'm never leaving you again."Elijah said letting go of me.