CHAPTER 25:Shocking News

While waiting for the doctor to give me Victoria's test results Elijah told me how he was Victoria's older brother

While waiting for the doctor to give me Victoria's test results Elijah told me how he was Victoria's older brother. He joined Luca's mafia to pay off some family debt but that meant he couldn't contact Victoria for safety issues.

"I haven't seen her in seven years" Elijah said looking out the window.

My eyes widened "Seven years, that's a long time" I said.

"Yeah it is, I was all she had left and I abandoned her", Elijah said shaking his head.

"What do you mean you abandoned her" I asked confused.

He walked over to the table and got a glass of tequila and sat across form me.
" Our parents died in a car accident when we were younger and we stayed with our aunt till I was 18 and Victoria was 16 and then our aunt died of a heart attack so I had to look after Victoria myself, but our family had alot of gambling debt and then Luca came looking for me and I had to join his mafia, he was really bad at first, a few times I thought he was gonna kill me but he's alot nicer now seen as he has his son and his wife" he said chuckling.

I chuckled too "She's going to be fine Elijah" I said.

"Yeah I know I just feel guilty for leaving her all alone", he said.

The doctor came towards us with a clipboard in his hand.
"Mr De Luca I have you wife's blood test results if you want to come with me."

"Okay" I said getting up from my chair.
I nodded at Elijah and he let out a small smile.

When we arrived in the room I saw Victoria laying there on the bed with an IV in her arm.

"I just want to say your wife is okay before we get started".

I let out a sigh of relief.

"She was injected with a sedative which is why she is unconscious but she will wake up in a few hours. "

I nodded. Thank God she is okay I don't know what I would do if she wasn't.

"She was lucky it wasn't anything stronger as it would have affected the pregnancy".

What??

"What do you mean Pregnancy?"I asked .

The doctor's face tensed up in confusion at the question.

" Oh... I guess you didn't know, Victoria is pregnant, about 5 to 8 weeks it seems" he said looking through the clipboard in his hand.

Victoria's pregnant, but how she took a test and it came back negative.

"No, there must be a mistake, she took a pregnancy test and it came back negative "

"False results can happen, it's rare but it happens", the doctor said walking over beside to where Victoria is laying.

"Look, I can do a scan when your wife wakes up to show you the results? "he asked.

"Yeah do it now"  I ordered walking over beside the bed to where Victoria is.

"It might be too early but hopefully we can find the heartbeat" he said turning on the machine.

The doctor pulled up Victoria's shirt and put on some sort of gel, when he put it on her stomach she moved a little.

It took a while finding the heartbeat but the doctor found it eventually.

"There's the heartbeat" he said and the sound filled the room.

I smiled at the sound before the doctor spoke again.

"Wait... hold on" he said moving the thing on Victorias stomach around.

"What is it? "I asked worried. I looked on the machine and saw two blobs.

" Congratulations Mr de Luca, you're having twins" he said pointing to the blobs on the screen.

Twins, I'm going to be a dad to twins.

"Here's the second heartbeat" the doctor said and the second heartbeat filled the room.

A few minutes later..

After learning that I'm going to be a dad I was shocked. I sat beside the bed holding Victoria's hand waiting for her to wake up.

A half an hour later Victoria started to wake up.

"Ace? "she mumbled

" Hello love"