CHAPTER 15:Family

As I dialled Bries number, I began to feel nervous and i don't know why I wondered what she might say and how she will react to all this

I've known her since high school and we became best friends straight away she stood up for me when I was being picked on by an older kid and we clicked straight away and it's been the same ever since.

When I dialled the number I got up from the bed and started pacing around the room.

What if she doesn't answer,what if she thinks I'm dead.

Finally she picked up.

"Hi, who am I speaking to"she asked in a bored matter.

"Brie, it's me Victoria" I replied sitting back down on the bed.

"Victoria is that really you,oh my god where are you are you okay!?"She shouted into the phone sounding worried.

"I'm okay Brie, really I am. I'm in Italy."

"BITCH! What! Your in Italy" she shouted into the phone.

I started laughing, i am so glad to hear her voice again.

Yes" I replied laughing.

"Tell me everything,Im getting a plane  ticket and I'm coming to get you, its been a month since I had heard from you last, why didn't you call me and let me know you were okay I thought you were dead Vic."

I felt so bad at how she must have been feeling the last months.Tears starting appearing in my eyes.

"I'm so sorry Brie I really am. I don't know if I would be able to see you if you came. The night we went out someone took me and brought me to Italy and I've been here ever since. Look you can't come here Brie, he could kill you he's a very dangerous person."

"Well I'll be a dangerous bitch myself I am going to call the police and they will come and get you okay, and they will arrest the pervert who took you . You're going to be okay Vic I promise."

I love her so much. I felt so guilty for what I was about to say next.

"As much as I want to come home Brie I can't, and you can't call the police Brie okay promise me you won't" .

"Why not?"Brie snapped back.

"He's Ace de Luca Brie the Italian mafia leader"I said to her. There was silence on the other end for a few seconds before she replied.

What" she said in a low voice.

I was full on crying at this stage and I could hear sniffles on the other end of the call I think she was crying too.

"Yes Brie he's a mafia leader which means he's very dangerous okay so promise me you won't call the police, If something happend to you I could never live with myself. "

"Okay, I promise. Are you okay is he hurting you."

"No I'm fine I really am he's not as bad as I thought he was we've gotten closer over the last few days. I just really miss you."

" That's good then, I'm surprised he let you call me" she said with a giggle at the end.

I sighed." I know me too but I made a deal with him. I have to be married to him for six months and then when the six months are up we will divorce and go our separate ways and never see each other again. I know its a lot to take in "i said when all I heard was silence.

"Why did you do that Vic?

"I had no choice I had to sign the contract and if I didnt he said he'd kill me."

" Okay Vic just promise me that you are safe and that you will call me everyday to let me know your okay. "

" I promise I'm okay Brie, I promise I will call you everyday."

I didn't know If Ace would let me do that but I didn't care It just made me happy to think about talking to her everyday but I'm not going to think about that right now.

We talked more on what she's been up to for the last month  and we laughed about everything.

There was a knock on the door and Audrey came in. She whispered "Dinner is ready" and I nodded and then she left. I looked at the clock and it was 5:32.I had been talking to Brie for more than an hour.

I really wanted to keep talking to Brie but I didn't want to push my limits.

"Brie I have to go okay dinner is ready but I will call you tomorrow I promise".

"Okay I will talk to you tomorrow. Vic you have no idea how good it sounded to hear your voice again."

"Me too Brie I love you talk to you tomorrow."

"Okay Vic, love you too bye. "

I hung up the phone and went downstairs smiling. I was so happy Ace let me call her, maybe he isn't as bad as I thought he was.

Little did Victoria know is that I was listening to her conversation the entire time

Little did Victoria know is that I was listening to her conversation the entire time. One thing I know now is that I can trust her.

Perfect.