THIRTY THREE

MASON'S POV

As we entered that room I saw that Alice was afraid of what I could do to them but on Shane's face, I could only see Evil.

I wanted to shoot him right now. I looked at Emma who was looking at him with all the hate in her eyes.

"How can you do this to me, Alice?" I heard Emma's voice which could break anytime.

"I...i..m..am.. sorry Emma." Alice sobbed out. I saw the look of betrayal on Emma's face. I clenched my jaws.

"Would you like to explain why you did it?" Emma asked Alice. I was getting the vibes that She was not comfortable being here with all the weapons, from one of them were on her friend's head. I put my hand on her shoulder to let her know that I am here for her.

"I... don't know. I was so engrossed in my own self, I was alone too Emma. I was jealous of you for having Shane on your side who was so caring to you. And then you went away. I felt alone again. That now my best-friend was not with me too, she was trapped in a Mafia's mansion. I was tensed for you. When I saw the way you look at Mason I couldn't help it. I felt sympathetic for Shane and when that turned into love I didn't realize." Alice started crying.

"Emma, after everything I told you... you still standing on his side? He was the one who made me orphan. I wan..." Shane was trying to manipulate Emma again when she cut him in between.

"You just keep you mouth shut. You fucking liar. I don't want any explanation from you."I could feel disgust in her voice.

"Enough of talking. Emma can I talk to you for a sec?" I asked her and she nodded. I took her out of the room. Relief fell over her face after coming out of this weapons house. 

"I can kill him in seconds if I want. But I want to know your thoughts first." I put my hands on her shoulders in comforting manner. 

"I don't know... I just can't.... it's too much for me. I can't see someone die in front of me." She started sobbing in between so I let her put her head on my chest. She hugged me. I just love how she fits into my arms perfectly like a missing piece.

"It's ok... I am not telling you to answer anything right now. If you don't want me to kill him. I won't but trust me,  I won't let him go without punishment." I said.

After a while when she controlled her cries I told her to wait for me outside. I went inside and called Charles.

"Yes, Boss." 

"Do whatever you want to do with him just keep him alive and No one will touch the girl." I gave him my command and and took Emma with me outside. I don't want her to see any of it.

"What did you tell them?" She asked when we came in my office. I ordered someone to get us some soft drinks and a sandwich for Emma. She did not want to eat anything but after her sickness, I look after her diet.

"They won't kills Shane and no one will raise a hand on Alice. Shane will be tortured and Alice will have to see him like that." I took a sip from my glass and started looking on my laptop screen. I did not look directly in to her eyes.

She did not say anything until she completed her snacks. After that she looked at me.

"Can we go see them?" She asked me. I sighed and nodded, getting up from my seat.

When we went inside the room I saw Alice was crying a lot and Shane was half dead. He had busted lips, one left eye was swollen, some drool was coming out from his mouth mixed with blood which he could not clean. His eyes were half open and and half closed. 

"Stop it." Emma said softly. She turned towards me and continued, "I want you to let them go." 

She took few steps forward and stopped right in front of Alice. "You betrayed me, I don't expected anything from him anyways. Now I want you to take him miles away from here. I never want to see any of your faces. You guys have 48 hours to pack your bags and leave this city. After that if any of the men of Mason's saw you both in this city, they have permission to kill you both on spot." She sighed and turned back towards me and commanded guards, "Let them go and Charles, I want you to drop them at hospital and take care of what I told Alice." 

She took my hand in hers and softly said, "Let's go." I nodded and Took her back at the mansion. 

Now as the chapter of Shane has closed from our lives, I could think to start a new chapter of my life with Emma. 

Finally, I saw a smile on her face, which was something I was craving to see from a long time.

____________________________________

Just two more chapters and this book will be finished.

Vote. Comment.Promote.

Love 

-SR