FOURTEEN

I know, I am doomed. 

I shut closed my eyes after feeling the touch of the person behind me on my shoulder. I wanted to see who it was but somehow not getting the courage to do so. 

But god listened to my unsaid plead and let the person started the talk.

"Emma, Do you need something?" Ella's soft voice reached to my ears and that gave relief to my thumping heart, She was really a nice girl whom i can trust except Jess and Rose.

I released the breath which I didn't know i was holding and  turned towards her.

"ummm.. Hi Ella.." What the fuck Emma? Greetings really?

"Umm.. Hi?" she replied in a confused tone. "Any help with something?" She asked after few seconds. 

Think of something... Think of something...

"Yeah... I lost my earing. I was just searching that." i smiled wickedly at her. 
She extended her arm sided my hair and checked my left ear and  then right. 

"Emma... Both earrings are here." She said.

"Oh I didn't felt it. So thought that I lost it. Thanks anyway." She smiled but that was not genuine and walked away.

Fuck man. I made her suspicious. 

But still she don't the motive behind of me being here .

I decided to drop that topic here and do something else. So I roamed around the mansion. 

I came downstairs and saw that 4 maids were there inside the kitchen. Probably preparing lunch. I went to them, they decided to ignore my existence. Typical.

I came out and saw and other room beside the dinning room. I was about to go inside when Jess's voice interrupted me.

"Heya beautiful, what's up?" She came and hugged me before saying.

"Hey Jess. I was just getting bore so roaming around. By the way, what's in here?" I asked motioning towards the room from before,

" That's library. Wanna come?" She asked and i nodded excitedly. Books are really my best friends. I loved reading historical books from childhood. Lets see what i could find in here.

We went inside and I was mesmerized. The library was huge. Just as the other parts of this mansion. Two of the walls were covered with bookshelves. One wall was full of posters and quotes. One in front of us  has nothing but sitting arrangements. A couch and two recliners with a table in middle and there was an official work table chair too.

"This is not just library but Dad's office too." I looked at jess, who was saying this staring at the front desk. She continued, "As Rose told us , Mom Melanie, Mason's real mother loved reading and specially told dad to made this room as library. Each and every book was chosen by her. Dad sometimes come here and spend some quality time alone." She then looked at me. "I guess, he still loved her." She smiled. 

After listening to this a question raised in my mind. 

"What about Mason? Doesn't he come her?" I asked she started moving inside and sat on one of the recliners. 

"He does. Sometimes. But never shows to anyone. He thinks that we don't know but he still love her and misses her and we know that." She said and from what she said i can understand that there is a reason of why he don't let anyone know that.

"Why he does that? If he loves her then why doesn't he shows to anyone?" I asked my thoughts.

"Melanie Mom were his power, he was so connected to her. When she died, he broke. He Don't wanna show his weakness now." 

She called Mason's mother Mom. I made an mental note to ask about this later.

Sometimes a question rays in my mind that if Mason is actually a bad person or just shows? Stop it Emma.... he is enemy. And most importantly a freaking mafia. He can't be a good person.

"Anyways, You search for any books if you wanna read." She said and walked away. 

I went to the wall near the door, on my left.

There were a lot of books and novels. Mostly were old.

I chose one of them and sat on recliner on which Jessica was sitting and was just about to open the book, suddenly  the door of the library flash opened and here comes the devil himself. 

Mason James Williams

"What the hell are you doing in here?" He shouted and snatched that book from my hand. 

"i... i was j.just " Shit, why he must be so intimidating? 

"Just shut up." he shouted again, calling everyone inside without knowing it.

"What happened? Why are you shouting?" Rose asked.

"What is she doing here?" She asked to her and Jess came from behind Mrs Williams. 

" I let her came inside. She was getting bore and I told her to read some books." She said. From the look on her face I can say that she was afraid of Mason.

He made an irritated scowl on his face and left, and so does his parents.

"Sorry Emma, Just because of me you had to listen all of this. So..." I Jess started her apologize but I interrupted in between.

"Hey don't be, It was not your fault. I should have stayed in my room instead."

"No Emma, You can come here and read book if you want. I will talk Mason about it." Rose said. 

After that a maid came and informed us about lunch. When we went inside the dinning room no one was there. We sat on our chairs and maid served us. After few minutes Mason came inside the dinning room. After seeing he frowned. I mentally rolled my eyes.

"Ella, I want my Lunch in my room." he said and went out. Ella put up his food in a plate and went out in hurry. Rose sighed.

Mason's POV

I came inside my room furiously. Why was she there? I don't want anyone go near my mom's things. Noone can. Noone should.

I called Ella in my room for a reason. I have told her to keep an eye on Emma behind me. I wanted my report now. 

I removed my coat and untied my tie, opening first 2 buttons of my shirt. And when I was just about to lay down someone knocked on my door. 

After I said come in, Ella entered inside with a tray in her hand. 

She came near my bed and placed that tray on the night stand, and took few steps back. 

"So I think you know why I called you here." I started

"Yes Sir, I was doing my job, noticing each and every moment of Emma." 

"Did you find something suspicious?" I asked 

"umm... I was about to come on this floor for the cleaning when I saw her near the stairs. From the look I thought that She was searching for a chance to come here on the third floor and when i stopped her she was afraid at first but became normal after seeing me. When i asked her about the reason she told me that, was searching for the earing but her earrings were on her ears." 

"You can go now." I dismissed her. 

Emma was searching a chance of coming on my floor. She was in my mom's library. There is something about her i am not getting and that thing is making me really furious. I sighed frustratingly and ran a hand through my hairs. 

I have to do something and find about her before things starts getting out of my hand.