THIRTEEN

Emma POV

I was not wearing my hairpin, and now Shane wouldn't be able to listen our talks here. But the most important thing is that I don't want anyone to notice that pin, if someone find out then I will be doomed.

"Emma, have some food sweetie." Rose interrupted my thoughts. And I forced a smile and nodded my head towards her. While looking at her I noticed that Mason's eyes were nowhere but on me. I suddenly felt some nervousness in the pit of my stomach and looked away.

I ate my food and so did everyone. When they were about to leave for their respective works, I stopped them.

"Wait ... Everyone." I said and they stopped getting up from their seats.

"Yes, Emma." Jess said. Only she and Rose talked to me friendly. Mr and Mrs Williams don't talk much, only this that, here there...  Well I am not complaining though.

"Actually I was suggesting that Rose's room should be shifted on first floor or ground floor. She shouldn't walk that much, if she walk on stairs that much then it may concern her swelling in knee." I said nodding towards each family members.

"She's right. Rose, your room is going to shift on first floor. Next to Jess's. I will order staff about it and they will settle it up in next hour.." Mason announced and without listening to response of Anyone, he got up and about to left when Jess interrupted.

"Brother, I was thinking if i can shift in Rose's room on second floor. Then I and Emma will hang out together." Her voice started fading while coming to an end.

He nodded and left.

That was rude. Well yeah, he's a jerk.

"Okay everyone, let's take our leave." Mrs Williams said and left too.

When we came out from dining room I saw Mason was talking to few maids instructing them about the room shifting.

"Let's sit in living room till then. We can a watch a movie." Jess chirped in excitedly, which form a smile on my face. Rose nodded too.

We watched some movie and sat together, talking about some stuffs, not caring about anyone. It was really fun spending time with both of them.

When rooms settled, a maid came to inform about it.

"Excuse me mam, both of yours room are settled. You can have some rest there now. And... We found somthing." And then, here came in view my hairpin.

I abruptly stood up and snatched it from her.

"T.thats.. mine." I breathed out. 

I exhaled and turned to look at Rose and Jess, they were looking at me like I turned into a mouse.

"What?" I looked at them both and tried to look as normal as i could. I can't give them a chance to be suspicious about me.

They refused to answer and let go off of my behaviour. After around 30 minutes later, We got up from our seat and went to our respected room. 

I entered inside my room and sighed. It was not even a day of stay here and here I am, too careless about this secrete mission. If mason Had find out that pin, I would have killed. As Shane mentioned during the training, that Mason hates betrayal. And I am the one, who was here to betray him. 

I really dont wanna think about the circumstances. 

I was too exhausted and needed rest, both physically and mentally. i changed into some comfortable clothes and drifted into sleep as soon as my head hit the pillow.