Ch 14

They arrived at the hospital, Carrie followed the emergency crew with Isaiah on the stretcher. She wanted to go in the room where they had him but the doctors did not let her. They tried to calm her down but no one could.

Nurse: miss is there someone who we can call so they could be here with you.

Carrie: (crying) umm Brad... Brad Paisley!

She gave them his number and dialed it.

Nurse: is this Mr Paisley?

Brad: yes! Whose this?

Nurse: hi we are calling from the emergency room at the kids hospital. Miss Underwood child was taken here. We're trying to calm her down but we can't. Can you come here asap.

Brad: what!!!!! Of course I'm on my way!

Brad then told his father to take care of Huck and Jasper. He quickly grabbed his keys and left the house speeding. After about 30 minutes of driving he finally arrived. He went into the hospital and looked all around for Carrie. He finally saw her in a chair crying. "Care!!!," he screamed! She lifted her head and saw Brad walking towards her. She stood up and ran towards him, jumped into his arms, and held him tight. "Brad! I don't want to lose my baby!"

Brad: it's gonna be alright! I'm here for you!

Carrie: thank you so much for everything! I don't know what I would do without you!

Brad: where's your parents?

Carrie: They should have landed by now!

Brad: are you gonna tell them.

Carrie: I don't think I should. I don't want to worry them.

Brad: what about Mike?

Carrie stood there in silence. She didn't want to tell Brad that she had already called him.

Doctor: Miss Underwood?

Carrie: is my baby alright?!?!

Doctor: we have found water inside his lungs! We need to do emergency surgery on him so we can vacuum it out. But first you must sign the authorization papers!

Carrie began to cry, Brad signed the papers for her. He took her to the waiting room. Brad sat down and Carrie laid her head on his lap. He stroked her hair while she was falling asleep. Carrie dreamed a life where Brad and her were married and Isaiah's father was Brad. She dreamed of a life where she was with him and their family in a big farm with many animals to raise. Everyone calling them "Country's King&Queen!" But then she suddenly saw Isaiah in a casket dead!
She woke back up screaming, "No my baby! No!" Brad pulled her back done and held her tight. Suddenly Mike came in running. "Carrie our child!!," he screamed. Carrie got loose of Brad's arms and ran over to Mike. They hugged and began to cry. Brad stood up and walked towards the exit. Carrie noticed and ran towards Brad. There were so many people in there that she lost sight of him. She finally reached the exit and ran outside. She screamed for Brad but no answer. Then she saw Brad in his truck speeding out the hospital.

*short chapter but hopefully you guys enjoy!