C H A P T E R 21

C H A P T E R 21 - H E R

~𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟'𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕥 𝕘𝕠 𝕤𝕠 𝕀 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣~

~𝕀 𝕣𝕖𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕓𝕖𝕣~

~𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕞𝕖𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕀 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕝𝕖𝕗𝕥~

Thranduil circled the prisoner trapped in his sons grip slowly. He was enraged, yet if you ever saw his exterior, you would never know. He was good at hiding himself from the world around him. It was what King's did. It was what he had done all of his life.

Clouds of sadness and anger floated in his mind, emotions skin deep. Simply waiting to be unleashed.

"Such is the of evil out there in the vast ignorance of the world it festers and spreads. A shadow that grows in the dark. A sleepless malice as black as the oncoming warm of night. So it ever was. So will it always be. In time, all foul things come forth." Thranduil professed, pacing past his son and the prisoner. Legolas held the back of the prisoners head, a blade to his throat.

"You were tracking a company of 13 Dwarves. Why?" Legolas interrogated, sneering down at the orc in his grasp.

Not just dwarves were with that company... She was with them.

Since she had left him, Thranduil had felt enraged and he didn't know how to handle it. It was one thing to have her ripped from him, yet it was another watching her ride away. Especially after...

The King's brows furrowed at the thought. After what they did, what they felt during that night; and still she left.

Those visions she recalled weren't enough. No matter what she saw or what she felt; none of it mattered.

It enraged him and tore his heart in two.

The orc laughed menacingly. "Not 13. Not anymore. The young one, the black-haired archer, we stuck him with a mortal shaft. The poison's in his blood. He'll be choking on it soon," he promised, tone laced with poison, directed at Tauriel.

"Answer the question, filth." Tauriel bit back, taking her blade into her hand and pointing it straight at the creature.

The orc leaned forward grunting and yelled in dark speech at the elf, sharply being pulled back in line by the prince.

"I would not antagonise her." Legolas advised, glancing down at the creature.

Tauriel snarled, pulling out a blade and stomping towards him with her blade pointing dead at his head, "you like killing things, Orc? You like death? Then let me give it to you."

"Farn!" Thranduil began loudly, "Tauriel glenn!" he continued, shouting at her to leave quickly, "Glenn- hi!"

Tauriel threw a glare over her shoulder as she left, the orc growling back.

"I do not care about one dead Dwarf. Answer the question," Thranduil advised, crossing his arms over one another and speaking lowly, "you have nothing to fear. Tell us what you know and I will set you free."

"You had orders to kill them. Why?" Legolas continued questioning, his head tilting in question, "what is Thorin Oakenshield to you?"

"The dwarf runt will never be king." The orc grunted out with disgust lacing his tone.

"King? There is no King the Mountain, nor will there ever be. None would dare Erebor whilst the dragon lives."

"You know nothing. Your world will burn." It continued to threaten the prince of the woodland realm.