C H A P T E R 25

C H A P T E R 25 - R E T U R N

~𝕀𝕗 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕓𝕠𝕕𝕪~

~𝕝𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕞 𝕘𝕠~

~𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝕚𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕣𝕖𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟~

~𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕨𝕖𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕨𝕒𝕪𝕤 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤~

Simbelmynë would never believe a dwarf again.

When she had asked Kili if he was alright- she believed him.

As they had left Laketown on the boats, she looked onto the town as Kili fell to his knees. From her way she could see the colour drained from his face as Oin, Bofur and Fili rushed to his aid. Kili was sweet, he was full of life and fiercely loyal. To see such in pain was painful in itself.

The sun rose gently, its light falling to the lake and painting it hues of yellow and gold. Within this light the mountains did not look so cold, there were patches of green beside snowy hills and the hills surrounding it looked more rounded. Erebor still looked as intimidating and miraculous, however. A death defying climb ahead.

Glancing to her many companions, she couldn't help but think how painful a climb like this would be for such little legs.

As the rays painted the clouds to gold, her fractured mind could not help but wonder if that golden crown wearing King was looking at them to. If he was beneath his overhanging trees in Mirkwood, gazing up with wonder and felt calmness in their presence. Perhaps he saw her in those clouds as she did him.

As the boat hit shore, her head shook, pulling her from her daydreams.

Bilbo looked back at the elleth for the seventh time during the boat ride. He had continuously done so, hoping to catch that lively look in her eyes she always held. To be honest she looked numb. She had looked that way ever since leaving Mirkwood...

As the company trudged off the boat, Mynë travelled ahead lost in her thoughts again.

"You seem different, Mynë," he commented out of the blue rather than his usual greeting.

"Mr Baggins?" She wondered, being pulled from her thoughts.

"What happened in Mirkwood?" Bilbo querried, looking up at the elf pointedly, "you did say you would tell me,"

Her face faltered, saddened, "I don't even know where to begin,"

A gentle and somewhat saddened smile fell to her face. Such a nice memory in such a depressing point of view...

As much as she hoped to tell him everything; she couldn't. Simbelmynë still felt the wounds cut too deep, it was too fresh. Everything she had ever known was in question, processing, so how could she even begin to explain it all?

"It is for another day Bilbo,"

They hiked for what felt like years, the sun climbing higher until it was middle in the sky. Rocks, roots and dirt was all the eye could see. That was until they arrived at a clearing. Thorin wandered forward first, catching sight of the city nestled into the hill. As the company reached, Bilbo's eyes lit up at the sight of it.

"What is this place?" Bilbo wondered, his eyes gazing at the ruins before him.

"Once it was the city of Dale, now it is aruin ... The desolation of a dragon," Balin explained sadly.

"The most evil creatures dragons..." Bifur spat venemously. Simbelmynë gazed over at Bifur, unsurprised. If something was called evil enough to enough people- it meant it was evil, no?