C H A P T E R 23

C H A P T E R 23 - L I E

~𝕋𝕨𝕠 𝕤𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕤 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕 𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣~ 

~𝕓𝕪 𝕤𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕝𝕖 𝕒𝕔𝕔𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕟𝕥~

(flashback carried

on from chapter 13),

Her face dropped and she looked at the ellon with an annoyed expression. As if wondering if this Ellon could not take a hint? "Let me go," she spoke to him, her voice and the hums of the forrest were all that could be heard.

His eyes stayed on hers, not making any move yet. "As you wish," he spoke, however, he made no move to release her from his arms.

"Now."

He released her gently. Finally, standing on her own, she smoothed down her long sleeves and the front of her cloak. A sigh of annoyance left her parted lips. "You're lucky I have mercy..." she said under her breath, fixing the jewels that laced her hands and wrists.

"Mercy?" his monotonous voice questioned the elleth. Arms soon crossed against his chest and head tilted to the side. A look of amusement danced in his unsettlingly bright silver eyes.

"Did anyone tell you why I'm here?"

His pupils dilated slightly, "nay, seems I was not informed,"

"I'm to wed the Prince of Mirkwood," he didn't react, "the future King..." she tried again. Still no reaction, his amused expression stayed the same. "Heard of him... at all?"

The stranger smirked.

He laughed loudly making her frown, "well, of course, I know my future king," grinning he continued, "but you clearly do not,"

She stepped aback, clearly offended by his comment. His eyes scanned her face carefully, before turning abruptly and walking away. The blonde beauty's lips pressed together in a thin line as she followed him through the forrest. His steps were spaced apart, the young maiden was forced to hurry her pace in order to not be left behind.

"It's arranged!" she called out to him.

His elegant strut did not slow, walking dead straight through the forrest, "I guessed as much,"

A crease grew across her near perfectly paled forehead, "I apologise if I have offended you in some way-"

"Hmm,"

"If you know your Prince so well, than you would also know the rumours-"

"You believe them?" He pointed, slowing in his tracks slightly but not enough for the elleth to notice.

The elf  frowned, "no."

He turned sharply, facing her. She too stopped, nearly running into his chest. Not like it would be the first time... He peered down at her frosted eyes, "then why are you so afraid?"

"I am not!" She yelled, his eyelids fluttered. Clearly she had to explain or he would get the wrong idea of her completely, "Well, a little-"

He turned back around again.

"But not of the Prince!" She continued, calling out. He halted once more and she had the chance to finally catch up, "I fear this all to mean nothing and being but a mere pawn in the alliance of Lothlórien and Mirkwood,"