C H A P T E R 29

C H A P T E R 29 - T R Y

The elleths feet ran across the boardwalk, her head darting around for any sight of her human companion. It was terrifying to think in mere minutes the town had been burnt and inflamed so much.

In minutes.

Her eyes caught a figure jumping from one roof to another above her, a familiar bow in his hand.

"Bard!"

The figure stopped, staring down in utter shock at the bright haired elleth looking up at him. She had travelled to the mountain! How was she here?

"Bel!" He voice rang out in shock- and somewhat anger, "how are you here?"

"I rode a dragon!" She replied, pointing to the fiery beast burning down the other side of town.

"What?"

Simbelmynë ignored his question, instead asking his own, "the last black arrow, where is it?"

"I don't know, I was imprisoned when Smaug came," he informed her, jumping down to finally be on her level.

"What for?"

"Perhaps we will discuss once the dragon is dead," he proposed, his expression becoming more poignant, "I am still not pleased with you."

The elleth frowned.

"You robbed the armoury and lied about who Thorin was," Bard informed her, grabbing her hand and leading her to the still-standing bell tower.

"I technically did neither of those things," she told him, keeping up with his pace. The further they ran the more she felt a sharp pain in her leg, creeping higher and higher. Not that she was surprised. After falling hundreds of metres off of a dragon- one would expect to be somewhat injured.

"Bel."

"I only helped them find the armoury and I never lied about Thorin," she defended, looking up at him seriously with those large blue eyes, "I only simply forgot to mention it..."

"That is no better,"

"We do not have time for this," she urged, gesturing to the dragon burning the entire place down.

Bard stopped the both of them, staring down at her incredulously, "but you did have time to make it clear we are no longer- before you disappeared with a band of dwarves."

"It is becoming somewhat of a habit, " Simbelmynë shrugged, thinking back to the last time she had done the exact same thing, jogging past him and beginning to climb up the bell tower.

Bard didn't move for a minute, taking in her exact words. "What?" he gaped, rushing after the blonde elf.

Her bright eyes rolled in her head.

"What happened in Mirkwood?"

Her body went stiff at the question, eyes widening. "Do you wish me to explain or kill the dragon?" Mynë quizzed incredulously, utterly dumbfounded how he found now the appropriate time to discuss... that particular topic...

"You and I both know you are capable of both!"

His words only made the blonde move faster up the bell tower. However, unfortunately once you reach the top of something, there really wasn't anywhere else to go. Something Simbelmynë became unfortunately aware of once she reached the top. The bell swung side to side, echoing its loud chime across the city. Once Bard reached the top he glared at the bell, slicing the rope with his blade causing it to stop.