C H A P T E R 13

C H A P T E R 13 - Even the prettiest flowers will die one day, it is nature's way to remind us that nothing last forever.

~There for you~

"Am I to be murdered?" Simbelmynë questioned aloud, hopping from branch to branch on the ground through the forrest.

"Why does your mind find that to be the answer?" Thranduil quizzed back, walking in a dead straight line, complete control over every step he took.

"Well when a crazed king leads me to the forrest, where no one would find my body I add, I cannot help but wonder if that is the fate which awaits me," She wondered aloud, continuing on.

"May my intentions not simply be pure?"

"Your intentions may be as pure as starlight," She replied, gazing up at him smugly, continuing, "but it does not mean I would believe them."

The King stopped in his track for a moment, his eyes grew hard. Surely, somewhere deep inside she knew what she said? Surely. He resumed his large strides, catching up with her in no time.

"I give you my word you shall face no harm by me, nor my blade,"

She hummed aloud, "I wonder, perhaps, one day if I will believe you..."

"It is my purpose," He promised.

Her eyes rolled back in her head, how he could say such things to her and almost make her believe it... The King was a good liar indeed. He sounded so sure of it all. Yet his actions gave him away, contradicted all of his niceties and promises.

Simbelmynë saw the breeze travel through the trees and rattle their leaves. They looked so peaceful swaying with the wind. She wished she could only feel it, yet her body could not. She was damaged beyond consideration, her body refused the light touches of the breeze and the warmth of a fire.

Only when a cool breeze draped her body and cold dew fell to her skin, did she regret not having a coat. Her arms were soon coated in the liquid, yet still she made no stop and continued walking.

The King watched her shake her head, her brows furrow as if she had smelt something disturbing or suddenly felt a headache.

She had wandered further into the forest, every tree looked the exact same and one could swear she was walking in circles. Until she could spot what seemed to be a bridge.

Her eyes followed only what her mind wished for her to see. A bridge. Why was it there? Why did she know it was there? Thranduil walked beside her, seeing her eyes haze over as if trapped inside a dream or vision.

A breath of relief left her flushed lips as she walked faster, the walkway nearing. She groaned in annoyance once she reached it, she felt like punching a tree in this very moment. The bridge... was half a bridge. Or not even that...

"It's fixed." She stated aloud, looking up at his towering stature.

"How did you know it was once broken?" He only questioned back, watching her frown only deepen. The elleth jumped up onto the bridge, peering over the edge to the below stream.

"ugh! Traako!" She cursed once more, standing at the edge of the demolished bridge and peering down at the murky water below.

"Well that is quite unladylike," A voice mused from behind her. She jumped in shock away from the sudden noise, however, the only way to jump was forward and that was her first mistake.

She fell forward, trying to reach behind her for anything to grab, proving unlucky. A shriek left her mouth, her light hair somehow managing to get trapped in her mouth, bright eyes looked terrified at the drop beneath her as she still reached above for anything.