The Story Within A Story Ch. 2

"An..an apprentice?" Divinekit gasped. "Yes." Strongstar said in his deep voice, flexing his rippling muscles. "Although your black pelt with neon paint splatters is still kit-soft, I can see the spirit of a hero in your silver glitter eyes. I name you Divinepaw, and take you on as my apprentice!" The clan cheered.

Lamekit and Stupidkit sat with their mother, watching their sister get apprenticed at only three days old. They grumbled in disgust. "Why weren't WE made apprentices?" Their mother, Sparklyrain, pushed them to the side. "Because your sister is clearly better. I mean, she killed a leader! She's incredible! You're just...just...stupid and lame." The two young brothers lowered their heads, and began making evil plans.

Herbspirit, CloudClan's medicine cat, was sitting in his den sorting herbs. He couldn't help but think about the prophecy. Hm. The 'divine' cat must be Strongstar, or Muscleheart. And the forest of darkness...must be BadClan, since they're such a plague on us. Even though they live on the moor, they have be the forest of darkness. They have to be!

Divinepaw walked through the forest with her mentor, Strongstar, and his deputy, Muscleheart. Muscleheart kept looking over at her in a loving, admiring way. But Divinepaw didn't care, or notice it that much. After expertly catching five squirrels, one for each day she had been alive, she dropped them down in front of Strongstar. "Wow!" he yowled. "We're so lucky to have you! You're amazing! You truly are divine. And strong. At this rate, Divinepaw, you could become a warrior by the end of the week! You've already grown so much."

Strongstar returned to camp, leaving Divinepaw and Muscleheart alone in the forest. The older deputy turned to her, a strange look on his face. "Divinepaw," he confessed. "I-

To be continued...