[16] The dive

^ forgot to add this earlier but this is what Y/N's been wearing the entire time from the end of chapter 13 to now: yellow polo shirt with jean shorts (mid thigh)

We all stayed quiet looking at each. I was spaced out staring at the water. I finally noticed that I was laying on Eddie, as he had his arms wrapped around me. I didn't move though. I placed my hand on his feeling the rings on his fingers.

It was comforting knowing that he was real. And it reassured me that I was actually still alive. We all were now called but jumped when the walkie-talkie went off.

"Guys, let's do this tomorrow. Row back to shore"

"Okay we're on our way," Steve said back. He grabbed the paddle but I stopped him. "No!" I shouted

"Why not?" Nancy asked

"We have to see if they're a gate here."

"There's probably not" Steve sighed "the compass acting up was probably Vecna attacking you."

"Oh really?" I said. I grabbed the compass and showed it to everyone. It was still going crazy.

"Huh-" Nancy sighed. I got out of Eddie's gripped and stood up. I wrapped a flashlight in a plastic bag and then took off my wet sweater and tied my hair up.

"What are you doing?" Steve asked

"I'm going to see if there's a gate"

"Nuh uh- no! We're leaving!" Steve scolded

"Why?" I asked sitting on the edge of the boat.

"Why? Your cursed Y/N! Who knows when he's going to attack you again? Your Walkman is ruined! We need to get you home, and get you another one so you won't die!"

"I only have two! The first one got ruined when Eddie fell in the water and the second one just got ruined! There is no more! It's pointless!" I argued back

"Then we'll go to my job and give you one!"

"We can't! Everyone thinks Eddie's been killing people! If we go back everyone's gonna question us since we're all involved!"

"We'll lie. But we can't stay here and risk you getting killed" Steve grabbed a flashlight from Eddie and started to look for the paddle.

"Steve?" I said

"Yea?"

"I'll rather die than let more people get killed" with that I held my breath and threw myself back into the water. I turned my body around and swam under. I used the flashlight to see if I could find anything.

I got to the ground level and saw a red glow. I swam towards it and saw a huge rip on the ground. I touched it and quickly took my hand back when something also touched the thin surface that separates the two realms.

I swam up, accidentally scaring everyone. "I found it!" I laughed.

"You found it?!" Steve asked

"Yea, yea." I smiled "it's about the size of the boat but it's not that big." I tried to pull myself on the boat but something wrapped around my leg and pulled me down an inch.

I got back up and looked at everyone scared. "Oh shi-" I got pulled down again. I didn't have time to hold my breath so water went straight into my nose. I started to cough and scream as I got dragged down.

I looked up and saw someone jump into the water. At this point, all the air in my lungs was out. The creature dragged me all the way into the gate and then dragged me on the ground in the 'Upside Down'

Eventually, the creature let me go and threw me.
I rolled around the ground for a second and then I started to catch my breath. I slowly got up from the floor and looked around. Red thunder struck the area.

The area was familiar, it looked like the place I was in when Vecna attacked me. I turned around and heard a shriek. A bunch of bat-like creatures flew towards me in all directions.

I cursed under my breath as I ran. I used my powers to throw one away from me but another one came down and smacked me in my face.

I fell on impact as the creature wrapped around my throat, I tried my best to break free but it kept a tight grip. I started choking and the bat creatures were still attacking me. I tried to make a surge or even a power ball but couldn't concentrate well enough for it to work.

One came down and bit into my leg. I screamed at the pain and kicked it with my other foot. I couldn't catch a break though, another bat came down and bit into my lower stomach. I groaned and wiggled around trying to get it away.

Two more came down and kept biting me. Taking out small chunks of my body. The grip on my throat was too tight and everything went blurry again. My ears started to ring and a rush of tiredness came over me. My body started to get weak again. I hated the fact that my body was giving up.

I wanted to scratch the creature, to thrash myself around. But death started to slowly trickle in, and my body couldn't handle it. My arms started to slowly stop trying to escape the grip on my throat. And my legs stopped moving.

Before I could fully give up, one of the bats flew off of me and whimpered as it flew away. "Hey there" Steve said, holding an oar from the boat. He smacked another bat away as Nancy and Robin try to kill the bat that was around my throat.

Eddie cursed as he saw more bats flying towards us. He smacked a few away, giving the girls more time to break me free.

"Steve!" I exclaimed. A bat flew down and got him from the back. Nancy ran to Steve and tried to get the bat off of him. I turned my body around and dug my nails into the creature's wing. It let me go and started to fly away. I used my powers to bring it back to me. I swung it around and smacked it to the ground.

I had it pinned down and started to slowly close my hand, making my powers squeeze the bat's neck "F*CK YOU, YOU PIECE IF SH*T!"

I decapitated it and threw the head away. I then had the urge to cough badly and so I did. blood spewing out in the process.

"Jesus Christ!" Nancy said, examining Steve's wounds. "JESUS H. CHRIST!" Eddie exclaimed angrily, throwing the broken oar on the ground.

"Are you okay?" Nancy asked Steve. Eddie came up to me and lightly padded my back as I kept coughing up blood. "They got me good but, I'll be fine" Steve responded.

"And you? How are you holding up?" Eddie asked me, concerned. Looking at the blood-stained tears in my shirt.

"They took off about a pound of flesh but, I'm pretty sure Vecna was closer to killing me than these b*stards so... never been better" I smiled. I rubbed my neck as the pain started to settle in.

"You guys... don't think they have rabies, do you?" Robin asked "rabies are like my number one greatest fear. And I think we should get both of them to a doctor soon. Because once the symptoms set in, it's too late. You're already dead."

"Great... if Vecna and those Bats don't kill me... rabies will" I sighed, still rubbing my neck.

We heard screeching and looked at where the noise was coming from. A bunch more bats came in and landed right in front of us.

"All right... there's not that many" Steve whispered. But of course, with our luck. A flock of them started to fly closer.

"The woods!" Nancy exclaimed, "come on."

We all turned to run but I couldn't get far. The bats got me real good on my leg and after a few steps, it was almost too much. "F*CK" I exclaimed as I held on to the open wound.

"We don't have time!" Steve yelled

I thought quickly and focused on my body. I then felt myself lift in the air. We didn't have time to focus on the new ability I realized I had. I flew where everyone was running. Going as fast as we could to get away from the bats. I occasionally turned around and throw power balls at the ones who were too close to comfort.