[3] Not like her

That night at 1 am the home phone got a call. I dragged myself out of bed and tiredly walked to the hallway. I used my powers to pick up the phone and placed it by my ear

"Hello?" I said tiredly

"Hey Y/N this is Chrissy's mother. She didn't come home from the game and I'm just wondering if she was with you since you guys usually do sleepovers."

"Oh I'm sorry Ms. Cunningham but she's not here with me. She probably went to Jason's after party though." I responded

"Oh okay. If she shows up at your house or contacts you, please call me."

"Will do" I smiled

"Thank you, goodnight Y/N."

"Goodnight Ms. Cunningham" I smiled as I hung up. I went into the house office and turned on the lamp.
I used my powers to open the phone book and flip through every page until I found the one with the letter M. I pushed in the numbers and called. I sat in a chair waiting, for the call to get picked up. Once it did I stood up.

"Hello?" The voice called.

"Hey, this so Eddie Munson... right?" I asked

"Yep," he said

"Hey, Eddie. It's Y/N. Sorry for calling in late but Chrissy didn't get home from the game, and I know she didn't want to go to Jason's party and I just wanted to know if you know where she was." I said fidgeting with the curled wire connected to the phone.

"No sorry... I dropped the- stuff off and then left. I haven't gone back."

"Oh- okay..." I said anxiously

"I'm sure she's okay though... Chrissy is a smart girl." Eddie reassured.

"Yea It's... I don't know. I'm worried about her. She hasn't been okay lately and I don't want her out alone at night if she's on something" I sighed

"Do you want me to check the spot where I dropped it off? I can see if she's still there"

"No, no. It's fine. I'll just check the party" I sighed "sorry again for calling so late"

"It's okay. Have a nice night Y/N."

"You too" I smiled. I hung up the phone and sighed and sat back down in the chair. I bounced my leg up and down thinking about Chrissy and where she could be. I should just stay home. She told me she wasn't gonna go to the party either way.

Screw it. I thought. I got to my room and changed into a basic outfit. I then rushed to my car and drove over to Jason's party

I hopped out of the car and headed inside. The party was loud and some people were already out cold on the couches. I walked around, looking at people and trying to find Chrissy.

I found Jason as he finished a game of beer pong. "Hey Y/N!" He said making his way over to me. "Didn't care to dress up?" He smirked.

"No sorry Jason. Do you know where Chrissy is?" I asked

"No, she said she wasn't feeling well and went home or- something. You should play with me!" He laughed

"I can't Jason I have to get home. But if you find her call me" I waved goodbye and left the party.

I decided that I was just tired and made my way home. I threw my keys on the table and sat down on the couch. It was 2:30 am and the tiredness washed away.

I sighed and stared at the ceiling when the line got a call. I ran to the phone and picked it up.

"Hello?!?" I asked

"Hey, it's Eddie. Did you find Chrissy yet?" He asked

"No, she wasn't at the party. The answering machine doesn't have any new messages so I don't know if her parents found her or not" I sighed.

"I'm pretty sure she's fine. You should sleep on it, she might have just slept over at someone's house"

"If she slept over at someone's house it would have been mine. We have sleepovers all the time. This isn't like her" I leaned on the wall and looked upstairs making sure Ricky doesn't leave his room.

"If you're really that worried then maybe we should check the spot-"

"No, It's fine. I'll check up with her family in the morning and-"

I was interrupted when Heather burst through the door.

"Be quiet! Ricky is asleep!" I said

"Don't care, didn't ask. Why are you on the phone this late?" She scoffed

"I'm talking with my friend," I said

"Yea, whatever I need the phone to talk with my boyfriend so, give me." Heather tried to snatch the phone away but I moved it before she could.

"You were just at his dorm" I protested

"Yea and I'm the one in charge, so give!"

"Hold on!" I put the phone in my ear again "Sorry I gotta go my sister wants to use the phone"

"That's alright" Eddie laughed "goodnight"

"Night" I smiled. I shove the phone into my sister's hands. And gave her a fake smile before heading up to my room.

I levitated my Walkman from my dresser to my hands. I also used my powers to grab a cassette and placed it in. I put on the headphones and played my mix tape. As the song played I decided to practice my powers a little bit more.

The song that played was 'We Built This City' by Starship. It came out less than a year ago and I listen to it whenever I get the chance.

As the song played I lifted different objects. I didn't know my full potential yet. I levitated an old stuffed animal my dad bought me years ago. I brought it closer to me. I used both hands and danced my fingers along. The bear moved along as well. I then slowly twisted my arms opposite from each other

My right hand, which was at the top. Moves clockwise. While my left hand at the bottom moves counterclockwise. I felt a small force stopping them as I kept moving my hands. I then used more strength to do it and the bear tore in half. I was shocked at what I could do. I stopped the magic and the bear fell to the floor. The next song then played and I decided to sleep it off.