Inauguration (Pt. 2)

“Im sorry sir... If we haven't let anybody in kahit pwede na. We just had to made sure na okay ang patient and if ever magkaroon man ng complications naka stand by na ang mga medical staffs kasi pag kahit hindi lang naagapan kahit 1 minute it can lead to death lalo na sa case ni VP Leni dahil sa sobrang delikado ng bullet position sa katawan. Luckily walang bullet fragments ang tumama sa heart nya which is sobrang rare in the course of my 20 years as a trauma surgeon 2 beses palang naka survive ang pasyente may ganon. Maswerte din po sya kasi wala ding complications during the operation”

He sighed in relief a heavy weigh was lifted of his shoulders.

“She should be awake soon” The surgeon gave them a warm smile and excused themselves

Bongbong rushed to her room while Irene quietly followed where he saw her peacefully sleeping.

He approached her wires connected to her oh so fragile body.

“Im so glad na okay ka” and carefully kissed the top of her forehead

“See i told you na magiging okay si Leni. Anyways mauuna ako may kailangan pa akong gawin. Call me nalang if you need anything” Irene said and left.

He just sat there for hours and waited for her to wake up but he fell asleep.

Leni woke up to a bright light as she was about to stand she felt a sharp pain to her chest and groaned in pain. She tried sitting up but her body was too weak to move. She scanned the room to see she wasn't at home but in a hospital and Bongbong was sleeping in a chair next to her. His position was uncomfortable. She lightly tapped his biceps to which woke Bongbong up from his deep slumber.

He blinked his eyes a couple of times just to make sure he wasn't dreaming but he wasn't it was real life.

“Leni, im so glad your okay” he perked up and the first thing he thing that he wanted to do was hug her but he can't the next best thing was kiss her forehead which he did.

“Anong nangyari? Bat ako nasa hospital? She bombarded him with questions extremely confused.

“You don't remember anything sa nangyari kahit isa?” he asked

she shook her head no.

“someone shot you, i don't know if you're the main target but i suppose so because you were the only one who was harmed”

“Do you know who did this?” she asked

“As of now no in questioning pa yung suspect ayaw umamin eh. Pero may theories kami na inside job yan dahil hand picked lang naman ang invited sa sa venue baka proxy sya ng suspect but  and best speculation namin to why they did that because of jealousy or hatred pero for me hatred ang i think ang cause dahil maraming galit sayo during campaigning period kahit wala naman ikakagalit sadyang talunan lang ang kampo nila Sara. Iniisip ko nga bakit naman may magagalit sayo ang bait bait mo nga lagi mokong pinag bibigyan kainin k—”

Since he was near him she slapped his shoulders which made Bongbong laugh.

“Diba totoo naman VP?” he asked trying to annoy her more just to lighten up the mood

“ewan ko sayo bahala ka dyan. Naantok nako pwede ka nang umalis” she closed her eyes 

“Nag jojoke lang naman never kang mabiro” he realized she was serious

“Patawarin mo na ako” he pouted her lips

She groaned in annoyance “Fine. You're forgiven. Halika tabi tayo doon ka sa kabilang side” she carefully scooted herself avoiding to hit her injury.

“Are you sure? Hindi ba kita masasaktan?” he was scared because he might hurt Leni

“Sa kabila ka nga eh paano ako masasaktan nasa kabila yung sugat matalino ka naman kaso minsan ewan ko nalang. Leave it or take it” she demanded

He chose to take it and carefully layed
himself next to her.

They both just stared at the ceiling in comfortable silence just enjoying each others presence as Leni fell asleep due to her pains meds that made him sleepy. Bongbong just continued starting at the ceiling thankful that Leni was still beside her alive.

A/N: Ang mga medical stuff sa story ay very inaccurate. Ang purpose lang ay mag fit sa storyline. Skl dapat hindi yan ang storyline either mamatay si Leni or malalaman nila na may cancer sya kaso wag na baka ako pang mamatay HAHAHA.