Cabinet Meeting

May song na involve ang chapter na ito. If gusto nyong i-play may sign na ganito ^^ bago sa part na may kanta involved mabait ako baka kasi sa next chapter hindi na char not char pero char lang talaga yun lang bye.

Leni was invited by President Marcos to have a cabinet dinner meeting since she was one of her cabinet members and the DSWD secretary.

The secretary decided to get ready and began chosing between a light blue slit dress or a pink one but eventually chose the light blue one and paired it with a cream colored heels. She looked at the mirror and applied a little bit of blush on as well as lipstick and she was ready to go.

As she exited the room her 3 daughters who are sitting at the couch busy doing their own things noticed their mom.

“Ang ganda mo naman, Ma” Jillian her youngest sweetly said

“Pak nanay ko yan” Tricia the middle child said which made everyone laugh.

“Parang eighteen ka lang, Ma. Baka hindi na kayo makapag meeting ng maayos nyan kasi sayo ang attention nila” Aika her oldest remarked

“True na True” Tricia and Jillian said in sync.

“Naku nambobola nanaman kayo, Sige na mauuna nako at baka malate pa” Leni waved goodbye to her daughtes and exited their condo.

She arrived at the location earlier than expected since there was not much traffic than anticipated.

Leni entered the building and made her way to the room where the event would be held.

Her brows furrowed as she entered the room. She saw no one was there execpt the president himself sitting at one of the chairs. Leni decided to approach him and ask him about what's going on.

Bongbong wasn't aware that Leni had arrived for he was busy mentally reciting the three words over and over again that he wanted to say to Leni for a long time but was coward to do so. He had now noticed her presence and was taken aback and was greatly astonished by her beauty. Her dress suits her well it showed her curves and her heels added more of a sophisticated look which made her even more beautiful.

Gosh, ang ganda nya he said to himself.

Leni was now infront of him. She was signaled by Bongbong to sit which she complied because he knew she was confused and wanted answers.

“Mr. President nasaan na po yung iba mag e-eight o clock na?” She asked

Bongbong scratched the nape of his neck as he nervously answered “Wala, hindi sila dadating kasi wala naman meeting. Sinabi ko lang yon para pumunta ka kasi kung sasabihin ko na tayo lang dalawa ang nandito hindi ka papayag and may importante akong sasabihin. Infact matagal ko nang gustong sabihin kaso natatakot lang ako. Araw-araw kong nai-isip and dumating sa point na yung lang ang lagi kong naiisip. Kung hindi tayo parehas ng nararamdaman ok lang i understand pero ang mahalaga nasabi ko sayo. Sino ba naman ako para makuha lahat ng bagay na gusto ko” he sighed in relief. Proud that he didn't shutter and chuckled at his last remark  

A part of Leni knew what he wanted to say but she doesn't want to assume very quickly so she only nodded in response.

“So before ko sabihin kain muna tayo kasi for sure hindi ka pa kumain” he said as he reached for the the tray and carefully placed the food one by one and filled their glasses with wine.

Leni's jaw dropped when she saw the food that was served. Everything infront of her was her favorite.

“Kain na tayo” he said and smiled

They proceeded to eat in peace.

In the middle of them eating Bonbong decided to ask to Leni to lighten the mood a little bit to ease her restlessness that was very evident.

“Masarap ba?”

She nodded. “Parang galing lang sa Naga” she jokingly said as she covered her mouth.

Bongbong laughed at her remark and replied.

“What if i were to tell you ako nagluto nyan”

“No way” she said in disbelief

“Yes way” he snickered

“If that's the case ang galing mo naman magluto Pres and alam mo yung faves ko. Thank you” she gave her a sincere smile and they both laughed

Bongbong was intoxicated by her laugh and felt like melting.

You don't know this yet but God you will be the death of me. He thought to himself

After they ate Bongbong cleared the table and pulled out a guitar.

Leni was left perplexed wondering what would he do to the guitar.

Bongbong cleared his throat bringing Leni back to reality.

“Sasabihin ko na yung gusto kong sabihin i decided na kakantahin ko nalang para hindi ako mahirapan” he took a deep breath and began strumming the guitar.

He began on chewing on his lips as a sign he was extremely nervous but stopped it quickly.

^^

he looked Leni directly in the eyes and began singing

Wise men say

Only fools rush in

But i can't help falling in love with you.

Shall i stay?

Would it be a sin

If i can't help falling inlove with you.

he sang and continued the song until the end.

For i can't help falling inlove with you

For i can't help falling in love with you.

He chose this specific song because it speaks and represents about the feeling towards a girl for whom he is falling in love uncontrollably. Which was the case for him.

The song ended and Bongbong placed the guitar to the side. Meanwhile Leni was unable to mutter a single word for she was frozen in her place.

And without careful consideration he blurted out the three words he wanted to say for years now. Leni, i love you” he said

Bongbong broke his eye contact with Leni and looked at his lapped and began fidgeting. Leni was still frozen unable to open her mouth.

Awkward silence filled the room.

His words completely sanked in for Leni and she decided to laugh it off.

He quickly lifted her head upon hearing Leni laughing. He became flustered not knowing the reason to why she was laughing.

After sometime she stopped laughing and wiped away the tears that was starting to form under her eyes.

“Well, Mr. President how coincidental it is that i also feel the same with you” she said and gave him the most genuine smile.