Chapter 24 ~ Blank

Third person
"WE HAVE THREE CRITICAL CASES COMING IN!" The head nurse yelled. The other nurses cleared out pathways for them to get through. "INCOMING!" The paramedics came through with three gurneys and placed them in different areas. The ER doctor came into the first one.

"Talk to me."

"This one has neck contusions and major spinal fractures. There is also so major head trauma."

"Okay, let's get an x-ray in here." They got the pictures. "Alright, let's get to OR 1." The nurses moved the gurney quickly to the elevator. Another doctor went into room two.

"Okay, what do we have here."

"Some terrible bruising. No internal damages but we do have head trauma."

"Okay, let's get some head scans and a room upstairs." The wheel the gurney to the CT scan room." The doctor went into the last room. The nurses were running like crazy with fluids and medicine. "What do we have here?!"

"Major internal bleeding. Irregular heart beats. Several broken limbs. Neck contusions and some major spinal injuries. There's also some major head trauma."

"Okay, let's get som...." The patient started shaking. "We have some seizing!" The nurse injected some medicine that stopped the seizures. "A fib!" The other nurse got some more medicine. They waited.

"We have no pulse."

"Starting compressions." The nurse started the compressions. The switches off for five minutes. "Okay we have a pulse."

"Let's get her OR 2." The nurse rushed to the elevator.
"We've lost the pulse again!" They started the compressions again.

Toni
I opened my eyes. My vision was a little blurry. It cleared up a little and I saw Momma Kat and Maggie.
"Hey." My voice came out hoarse. They rushed up to me.

"Look who's up." They smiled at me. I tried to sit up but they kept me down. "Don't try to sit up just yet.
We'll get the doctor." Momma Kat stayed with me as Maggie went to get the doctor.

"W-w-whe-where's J-Janet?" Maggie and the doctor came in.

"Well, well. It's great to see you awake." He came and checked my eyes. "How are you feeling?"

"A-a little d-dizzy and s-sleepy."

"That's normal. You've been out for 12 hours."

"W-where's Janet?"

"You had some serious head trauma but nothing life threatening.You did miscarry the baby but these lovely women told you were headed to get an abortion so I don't think that is a problem for you." I nodded.

"W-where's Janet?"

"You'll be able to go home in a few days but we want to keep you for observation."

"Where's Janet?"

"We're going to prescribe you some really good pain meds for when you leave because you'll experience some headaches for about a week but other than that you're good."

"Where's Janet?" Maggie came up to me.

"Isn't that great, Toni? You got out with very little harm."

"WHERE'S JANET?!" Everyone looked at me. "Where is she?" They traded looks. "Someone tell me now."

"Toni, just rest. You've been through a lot." said Momma Kat.

"No! Tell me where she is or I'm going to go find her myself!" Everyone stayed quiet. I went to stand up but Maggie held me down. Just then, Gil came in, in a wheelchair. What the hell?