Chapter 18~Rescue Plan

Toni

It has been a couple months since I've started the new teaching job. I had been messaging Janet back and forth throughout the days but I haven't been able to tell her everything that's going on. How do you tell your girlfriend that your being used as a sex slave by your parents under the false teachings of God? I know she would love and help my siblings and I regardless of it but to actually say and admit it is different. I hadn't even told LaToya. She only knew that I had been raped. "Ms. Braxton, I finished my worksheet." One of my students came up to my desk. She was a little girl named Stephanie. She reminded me so much of Stacey and it broke my heart. I looked over her work.

"Good job, Sweetie." She smiled and skipped back to her group of friends. She seemed to be telling them I said good job and they high fived her. I went back to working on my lesson plans for my next class when my computer dinged. It was a notification letting me knew there was new email but it wasn't my work one. Pulling up the tab, I saw that Janet had sent another email.

Hey Baby,

Just to update you, I have sent Michael and some of the guys to Baltimore. I know you're in Severn but I don't want your parents to see them and get suspicious. They're not going to move closer to you until you are ready to execute a plan.

How are you doing? How are your siblings? Has Tamar stopped feeling sick? I know I told you before but I want to reiterate that we're all here for your siblings too.

In fact, if you're ready to tell them we're talking then start asking them what type of things they like so we can start getting the stuff. So you guys only have to bring necessary things and things you guys hold dear. Clothes and shoes can be easily replaced. The workers have been working non-stop on their rooms. Maggie wants to know what types of foods they like so she can start planning for when we get you guys.

Please know that you guys are getting out of there. When it's time to get you guys out, all of my guys are coming down. We've already got planes ready here and there. One thing I need to know is if you guys are okay with the chance of your parents dying as this happens. I know you don't like the whole killing thing and I haven't done any since you've voiced that but I need to know what to tell my guys. Let me know.

Love you,

Janet.

P.S. There's going to be a package for you at the front office of the school. There are six phones with my number already programmed in them. Tell your siblings to feel free to text me with anything they want to let me know.

I wanted to cry. She was going above and beyond to get us out of this. Knowing that she was getting things ready for my siblings was giving me a new level of confidence in her. I'm definitely telling my siblings about this when I get home. I quickly wrote her back before the bell rang. I minimized the tab and lined my students up. "Okay kids, great job today. What do we say?" The kids smiled.

"Love everyone, care for everyone, and treat others the way we want to be treated!"

"Good job. Let's get going." I led the kids to their next class and made sure they were situated. I was free for an hour, so I stopped by the office. "Hey, Mrs. Turner." She looked up and smiled big.

"Toni, sweet pea, I have something here for you."

"Thank you." She grabbed the box and gave it to me.

"Don't worry, I know the deal. It's addressed to me and I signed so your mom doesn't get suspicious." I had told Adelaide about what was going on the third week I was here. She knew right away that something was off and it felt so natural to talk to her. Through conversation I found out that she and Maggie were sisters. They both grew up in Georgia but ran away to Maryland from their abusive father. Not long after, Maggie had left to follow her culinary dreams in New York and ended up working for Janet and her family. What are the odds?