Chapter 6~Environmental Changes

Toni

I walked behind Janet as we entered her house. The outside was already beautiful enough but the inside was even more gorgeous. She took my bag of gifts to carry as she led me up to the second floor. When we got up there, we were met with a group of people. "Janet. I'm so glad you guys are back." said an older lady. She came to me and put her hands on my shoulders. "How are you feeling, dear?"

"I'm doing great. Thank you."

"No problem. I'm Katherine. I'm Janet's mom. These are her sisters. You know Rebbie and this is LaToya." They both gave me hugs. Katherine walked me over to a group of guys. "This is Janet's father Joseph and her brother Jackie, Tito, Jermaine, Marlon, Michael, and Randy." They all shook my hand. Janet came over.

"Toni, get to know Randy. He will be your personal bodyguard." said Janet.

"Really?"

"Yep. I'm here for whatever you need. If Janet's not with you, I'll be there. In a couple of days, I'll show you the main warehouse where we work, that's where you'll be going after work until you're ready to come back here. We'll also stop by all of our houses so you know where we live." I nodded.

"What's going on out here?" An even older lady came out a bedroom.

"Hey grandma, this is Toni. She just got back from the hospital." said Michael.

"Oh nice to finally meet you sweetie. I'm Grandma Crystal." She gave me a hug and we sat down on the couch. "How are you doing?"

"I'm good. I was a little startled from the incident but I'm happy Janet helped me."

"Good. Good. Janet, who do we have on the boyfriend?"

"Curtis is keeping an eye on him. Toni's name has been removed from the lease so he will go to jail for squatting and then the police will get notified of several reports of noise complaints from the neighbors. There are also several cameras in the building. We did everything the right way so all the police will know is that Joey and Tommy had a key."

"Good job."

"Alright that's enough. It's after midnight so we have to get to bed and so does Toni. Goodnight dear. Let any of us know if you need anything." said Katherine. I nodded.

"Thank you." She gave me one last hug before they all disappeared in different directions. Janet held out her hand and led me down a hall. We stop at a set of double doors.

"Here is your room. My room is right down there."

"So which is the master?"

"Well mine is but this room is a nice size as well."

"So all the rooms have double doors?"

"No just the ones up here." She opened the doors and we stepped into a bedroom big enough to fit most of my apartment. There was a huge, flat screen tv above a fireplace that sat in front of a beautiful couch set, and two love seats. Further into the room was a california king size canopy bed. There were a set of double doors that led to a balcony. She then showed me a huge closet that had more space than I could fill and through the closet was a beautiful bathroom, with a sonic shower, a jacuzzi tub, a fancy toilet, and what seemed like a second toilet.

"Umm, why are there two toilets?" She chuckled.

"That's not a toilet, that's a bidet. You use it to clean your bum after you....you know."

"Nice." We walked back into the bedroom area.

"Here's all of your things. My guys have already set out some sleeping clothes and an outfit for tomorrow. They will be back in the morning to help you set up everything the way you want it."