Chapter 4~Exposed Feelings pt.1

Toni

"Adam, please tell me what this capital is."

"Ummm.....Tallamahasse."

"Close, it's Tallahassee but great job." I threw him a piece of candy. "Now who wants to go next."

"I do. I do." Stacee raised her hand. She had really been improving over the last couple weeks.

"Okay, Stacee. Which capital is....this one?" She looked for a second.

"Uhhhh...is it Columbus?"

"Yes, good job." She had a big smile on her face as I threw her the piece of candy. "Okay that's it for now. You guys can have free time until dismissal." The kids got up and went to different areas. I sat at my desk and organized some papers. I was so exhausted. Kenny kept me up all night. I had told him I didn't want to have sex but he was so sad that I just gave in. Honestly, I was getting tired of sex but hey maybe it's like that for many people. While looking through the papers, I got a text message. It was Kenny saying he wouldn't be able to pick me up. After yesterday, I thought he would keep his promise today but I guess not. The bell rang and the students got their bookbags and lined up. "Okay is everyone ready?"

"Yes, Ms. Braxton!"

"Good now what do we say at the end of the day?"

"Love everyone, care for everyone, and treat others the way we want to be treated!"

"Good job. Now let's get you guys outside." I walked out with my class and watched as they went to their buses and parents. After twenty-five minutes, all the students from my class were picked up except Stacee. "Sweetie, who's picking you up?"

"My auntie Janet, but she said she might run late."
"Okay, well let's wait in the room for her."

"Alrighty." I took her hand and we went into the classroom. She sat next to my desk and swung her little legs.

"Do you want to work on some homework?"

"No thank you. Auntie is going to help me with it."

"Okay." We sat in silence for a few minutes until I noticed she was looking at me. "Is everything okay, sweetie?"

"Yes, ma'am. Just thinking."

"Would you like to share?" She put her finger on her chin.

"Who's A..pho...ri..di..te?"

"You mean, Aphrodite?"

"Yeah."

"Well, she's the Greek goddess of love and beauty."

"What's a goddess?"

"Ummm, well a goddess is what people call a woman who they think is really beautiful, elegant, and sweet."

"Okay."

"Why do you ask?"

"Well because when mommy and auntie Toy and auntie Janet was talking, auntie Janet said that you wer......"

"Hey! I am so sorry. There was some business to handle and it went longer than expected."

"Auntie Janet!" Stacee went to hug her.

"Hey sweetie, go wait in Uncle Gil's room."

"Okay, bye Ms. Braxton."

"Bye, sweetie." She left out.

"Rebbie said that you wanted to speak with whoever picked her up."

"Yes. I have talked with the girls who were picking with Stacee mothers' and they have agreed to have a sit down with them and the girls. I just need to know who will be here with Stacee."