Chapter 17 ~ A Way Out

Toni

"On your knees, NOW!" My father yelled. My sisters and I kneeled down at the altar to begin praying. "Begin!"
"Father, please forgive me for not obeying your wishes and guidance. Forgive us for not honoring our father and mother in the way that you intended. Allow us to achieve repentance and forgiveness. Grant us the ability to follow orders given to us by the parents you have blessed us with. Amen." We all recited the prayer at once. My father came back with a belt.

"Again!" He hit the belt against the table causing us to jump.

"Father, please forgive me for not obeying your wishes and guidance. Forgive us for not honoring our father in the way that you intended. Allow us to achieve repentance and forgiveness. Grant us the ability to follow orders given to us by the parents you have blessed us with. Amen."

"Hold out your hands!" We held them out and he hit our palms several times with the belt. "Again!" We recited the prayer again. He hit us across our backs. Seeing as how we only had on panties, our skin was exposed. "AGAIN!" We recited the prayer, this time through our tears. Once we finished, he came over and grabbed my neck causing me to look up at him. "Are you truly seeking repentance?" I nodded. "Words!"

"Yes, sir."

"Good." He unbuckled his pants. "Now prove you want forgiveness." I hated this. I really hated this. The only person I even wanted to do this to was Janet. I almost forgot how horrible it was. He stood with his hands on his hips and glared at me. I closed my eyes and tried to zone out but it didn't work. He grabbed my neck again, forcing my mouth open and shoving himself inside. "Good girl." He rubbed my head. "You girls keep praying." My sisters recited the prayer again and again while he continued to force himself in and out of my mouth. It was starting to get harder to breathe. He started moaning out loud. I wanted to throw up. He went faster before I felt him release himself in my mouth. He pulled out and looked at me with a smile. "Mikey! Get down here!" He picked me up and threw me on the bed he had down there. My brother ran down and saw the scene and instantly knew what was happening. My sisters had blood running down their backs and were crying as they watched my father remove his clothes. "Mikey, make sure the girls stay there." Now naked my father ripped my underwear off and climbed on top of me. Sliding himself inside of me, he grabbed my neck and roughly pounded into me. Turning my head, I saw my mother sitting and looking through a magazine while my siblings had tears running down their faces. I closed my eyes and silently cried. This was the situation for the next twenty minutes. Once he finished all over my stomach, he left and went upstairs. My mother followed behind him. I couldn't move my body and my face was soaked with tears. "Mikey! Get your sister ready! She has to leave for work in an hour!"

"Yes, sir!" Mikey picked me up to take me to the bathroom upstairs. Everything on my body was hurting. Even though he was trying to be as gentle as possible, every move my brother made caused my body to hurt even more. I could see that he was fighting back tears. He was always the person to clean us up after my father's abusive episodes. Over the years, I saw my brother's heart break more and more. I also saw the anger he had towards my father and I knew that if the opportunity ever presented itself, he would kill him.

Making it up the stairs to the bathroom, he sat me on the chair in there while he filled the bathtub. While waiting for that, he came and brushed my hair and tended to the bruises and wounds on my face. He finished cleaning them and then pulled my hair into a nice puff. Once the tub was filled, he picked me up and sat me down in it. The clean water on my wounds brought a stinging sensation for a few seconds and then relief. I laid my head back and silently cried again. My brother helped clean me up. Even with him slowly washing me, every touch felt like my body could break into pieces at any moment. All I could do was cry and wait for full relief to come. "I know, Tone. I'm sorry. I hope we get out of here."