Chapter 20: 9's

==========

After the talk with Kia, Y/n returned to the Birdcage just before morning. He put Y/n to energy conservation to not use as much energy as BT usually does.

"BT, go into power-saving mode." Y/n commanded. "I don't want you to run out of battery when I need you the best."

"Rodger, Power conservation mode activated." BT shut down.

"Have signals operating in the background though." Y/n said. "Tell me if something is coming."

"Rodger."

Y/n began his way back up and finally made it back while the sun was still rising on the horizon. He quickly made his way to the mansion before taking a shower and making his way downstairs.

"Good morning Ichigo." Y/n greeted her.

"Ah, good morning Y/n." She greeted back.

They didn't say anything but minded their own business. Ichigo reading a book while Y/n played around with his smart knife deep in his thoughts. He was only broken out of his thoughts when Ichigo spoke to him.

"Thank you."

"Hm? What for?" Y/n asked.

"For helping us." Ichigo said. "If you didn't, we'd probably be fighting for the smallest thing."

"It's all good." Y/n said. "It's not the first time I've done this."

Silence consumed the room once more as Squad 13 began to wake up before doing their own thing.

==========

"Why are you guys here?" Ichigo asked the 9's.

Currently, the 9's were standing in front of Squad 13 for a little 'surprise visit'.

"Well, we're here to check on you, on Papa's orders." 9a said.

"Papa's?" Goro asked. "So we weren't cast aside?"

"Ahaha, of course not!" 9a said. "In fact, Papa has been worried sick about you."

"Th-Thank goodness!" Miku said in relief.

"What the heck? Let us know sooner, then!" Zorome said.

'These fuckers are lying.' Y/n thought. 'I can literally read them like a fucking kid's book.'

9a turned to Y/n and stared at him, Y/n noticing this. "Something on my helmet?"

"No, no." 9a said. "It's just that I'm wondering why such a soldier is wearing a helmet. You sure would be useful for Papa-"

"Nothing on my helmet? Good, so shut it and stop staring kid." Y/n cut him off. 

"My, my. So hostile." 9a put his hands up. "Anyways, would you mind readying rooms for us?"

"You want to stay here?" Ichigo asked. 

"I said I'd taken a liking to you guys, remember?" 9a said.

'The 9's staying with us? Never good.' Y/n thought before he decided he turned around and headed back upstairs.

==========

Hours passed and it was not currently nighttime. Y/n was heading out of the bathroom and was heading towards his when he saw 9a, standing right outside his dorm, his hand on the door handle.

Y/n quickly pulled his Wingman. "You have two seconds to explain what you're doing before you can say goodbye to your privilege of walking."

"My, my." 9a let go of the door handle. "I was just curious what the room of a soldier that left our planet to die was like."

"Well, I'll tell you what once you suck your daddy off." Y/n said. "Now get the hell out of here blondie."

"Insulting Papa like that is a crime you know?" 9a said with a smirk. "You can get into the program that... stabilize your emotions."

"More like mindfucking you, until you become his lapdog." Y/n insulted. "I mean, you're a prime example."

"Tch, watch your mouth you-"

"You insolent fool?" Y/n predicted what 9a was gonna say. "I've heard that shit so many times I know when a person is gonna say that."

Y/n walked past him, bumping his shoulder against his, knocking him off balance. "Arrogant bastards like you are fucking disgusting." Y/n said before entering his dorm.

==========

"Oh, there he is." Miku said.

Currently, everyone in squad 13 was in the living room area. "So why is everyone gathered here?" Y/n asked.

"Zorome told us about Mitsuru and Kokoro." Ichigo said.

"I have to say, I'm not really surprised." Ikuno said. 

"All I did was ask if a boy and a girl getting all clingy was the cool thing to do!" Zorome said. 

"Shut up you big baby!" Miku shut him up. 

Futoshi grabbed Mitsuru's collars. "H-Hey, have you kissed?!"

"W-Well..." 

"N-Noo! My Kokoro!"

"Dude, calm down." Y/n said.

"B-But if the two of them are happy, I... I..."

"Hey, guys." 9a interrupted them. "Do you recognize this?"

What he was holding up was a book about childbirth.

Kokoro flinched when she saw the book, realizing she was caught.

"Mind giving us an explanation, Code 556?"

==========

A/N: Short chapter today. 

Reason? The site I watch anime was fucking up. Basically not playing but only hearing the audio.

I ain't gonna sit through the dub version.

-Day 5

-Lenny out