Chapter 6: Real human?

=========================================

"We detected klaxosaurs an hour ago, at a distance of approximately 3000." Hachi said. "They number anywhere from 100 to 150."

"O-One hundred and fifty?!" Squad 13 was shocked, unlike the Squad 26.

"That number is expected to go even higher." Hachi showed on the screen. "Their estimated time of arrival is around 33 hours from now."

"No matter how we rush, we can't complete the kissing process before they get here."

"So we're going to place a line of defense here, with squad 26 at the vanguard."

"Squad 13 will stand by in the rear as a backup."

"What? Backup?" Zorome asked. 

"This will be a chaotic dogfight." The leader of Squad 26 answered. "Our squad can link up better if we go at it by ourselves."

"Wha..." Zorome thought about it.

"Did he just call us dead weight?" Miku asked.

"Defending the main pipe linking the two plantations together takes top priority." Hachi explained.

"So I decided to deploy a Franxx that's capable of solo combat here." Hachi pointed at where the Franxx was gonna be. "If that Franxx becomes overrun, we have a unique machine that can defend it."

"Do we really have such a Franxx?" The leader of Squad 26 asked.

Hachi turned towards him. "Strelizia will be placed here."

The squad was shocked, some standing up. "Strelizia?" The leader asked.

"What are you..."

The door behind them opened, revealing Nana Zero Two and Y/n.

"Sorry, we're late." Nana apologized before walking in with Zero Two and Y/n following.

"Code 002!" The leader said.

"Did we receive Papa's permission?" Hachi asked Nana. "Yes, we are a go."

"Y/n will pilot Strelizia as Zero Two partner, and if it gets too hot, Y/n will get his Titan to fight the klaxosaurs."

"This is the best course of action right now." Hachi said.

"Wait a second." The leader walked up to them. "We can't fight alongside Strelizia."

"Any reason why?" Y/n asked them.

"The plan is final." Hachi said.

"But... That girl doesn't care about her allies!" The leader said. "We can't trust her to have our backs!"

"Code 002, you know what I mean."

"What are you talking about?" Zero Two asked. 

"The joint operation two years ago!" The leader shouted. 

"Your reckless fighting style got us isolated on the battlefield, and I lost my partner!"

...

"Huh... Doesn't ring a bell." Zero Two ignored his shouting. "Weaklings die. Big deal."

The leader was shocked by her answer before it turned into anger.

He began to walk up to her but was stopped by a cold barrel put against his head.

"You've might've lost a partner, but I've lost my entire team." Y/n said as he pressed Wingman further. "So stop bitching about losing a single person, everyone is gonna die sooner or later."

=========================================

*SLAP*

"You're heartless!" Ichigo said

"You're heartless!" Ichigo said. "You really aren't human!"

Zero Two's eyes and horns had a slight glow as she turned towards Ichigo.

"Human?" She questioned. "Human, huh?"

Let me ask you something, then." Zero two was now glaring at Ichigo.

" Zero two was now glaring at Ichigo

"What is 'human' to you people?"

...

It began to rain.

Zero two looked up while Ichigo quickly walked away in fear.

"There you are Zero Two." Zero Two turned around to see Y/n standing there.

He tossed her a towel. "Can't be sick for the upcoming battle can we?"

Zero Two just looked at him before looking back up into the dark sky.

"Tell me, darling..." She turned towards him. "What makes me human?"

"What makes you human?" Y/n repeated the question. "What makes you think about that question?"

"It's just that... people say that I'm a monster."

...

Y/n sighed. "You're not a monster, you're a human."

Zero Two looked a bit shocked.

"The reason why you're a human isn't because of your looks or attitude towards other people-"

"Then tell me, what makes me human!"

...

"As long as you're seen as a human, you're a human... And right now."

"I see you as a human girl that was treated differently due to her background."

"Trust me, I've been in the same situation as you, but as long as someone sees you as a human."

"You're a human."

=========================================

A/N: Short chapter indeed. The reason why it was short? I don't know, It just feels better when it's shorter. I'll probably make it bigger, no promises tho.

Next chapter: Seraph of the End.

-Lenny out