Chapter 14: Escape

=================================

"Zero Two what are you doing?! Stop it-" Y/n was cut off as a red apparition of Zero Two appeared and began to strangle Y/n.

"GAGH! Stop it- Zero Two!" Y/n tried to fight back but realized he couldn't do anything.

"Warning, Pilot has low oxygen levels, warning- warning- warning-" Y/n heard the alerts as he began to lose consciousness.

'Fuck... There's nothing I can do to stop her...-!'

Suddenly, Y/n was overwhelmed by the number of memories that began to appear in his head. The sheer amount gave Y/n a slight headache but didn't notice it.

'These memories... are these... Zero Two's memories?'

=================================

Y/n quickly opened his eyes and saw that he was in an empty room with only a wash and a toilet. In the middle of the room was a little girl with red horns, sitting there... alone.

'Where the hell am I?' Y/n stood up as he looked outside the window before he noticed the little girl sitting there.

'Who is this-?'

*CRASH*

The window next to Y/n shattered. Y/n shielded his eyes, waiting for the glass to make an impact, but he felt nothing.

He slowly opened his eyes.

Y/n: !!! H-How......... is that me?

The young Y/n reached out for the red girl, the girl reaching out to the small Y/n. As Y/n now finally remembered. 

=================================

A name is something precious. It is what makes us different.

=================================

Code 013 sighed. "Another test, finally done..." 

A young boy without a name was walking back to the playroom, wanting to play with the other kids. 

As he got to the door, he opened the doors with a hissing sound as the doors opened and inside revealed another kid standing on top of a hard pillow giving kids names.

"Whoa... this is new." 013 said awed and walked to the front of the kid.

The kid standing on the pillow noticed 013. "Ah! You finally came back!"

"Yeah, sorry about that, they wanted to test on me." 013 said.

"Do you also want a name?"

"A name?"

"Yeah! A name so you can feel different!"

"Huh..... sure, try to give me a name."

"Hm... How about Tadoro?"

"Tadoro huh..." 013 pondered for a while before he decided. "I want to give myself a name... something special like... Y/n."

"Amazing! I'm Hiro!" Hiro greeted. 

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/n." Y/n smiled.

=================================

Everything seemed normal. I did tests, got rewarded, and just enjoyed playing with my friends.

=================================

As Y/n and Hiro revealed that they could come up with names, they underwent more tests and both were rewarded with two pieces of candy each.