Chapter 13: This isn't you

=================================

"Listen up. The reason we're here is to run tests on you all." Nana said.

"Hold up a bit, if I remember correctly I'm not supposed to be tested here." Y/n said. 

"With the exception of Y/n." Nana clarified her announcement. "I'm sorry to say that this won't be a homecoming. You are hereby banned from entering the Garden."

"Tests?" Ichigo muttered.

"What kind of tests would need us to come here out of all places?" Goro asked.

"Goro, give me some info, I forgot what kind of place the Garden was." Y/n said.

"Before we became parasites we lived in the Garden where we were taken care of." Goro said.

"Code 002, you, in particular, will undergo thorough testing." Hachi said. 

"Can't be bothered..." She was biting her nail. 

"This is an order." Nana said. "We can't put it off any longer."

"May I ask what kind of tests?" Y/n asked.

"Classified."

'So this could only mean two things. The first one is that they don't want to show how strong she is... or the other is that these tests are just plain torture...' Y/n thought but needed more information. 

"Oh hey! If it isn't Nine lota." A blond kid said.

"Fancy running into you here

"Fancy running into you here. What a coincidence." He stopped walking towards her. "Or not. You're here for maintenance, too, right?" 

'Maintenance?' Y/n thought. 

Zero Two: ...

She didn't say anything but walked away. 

"Glad to see you haven't changed." The blondie muttered. 

'I'm guessing these are the elites of the parasites?'

"These are the 9's, a special forces unit APE directly controls." Nana clarified Y/n's suspicion. 

"Pleased to meet you, you guys are in the same squad as lota, right?" The blondie bowed. "Please escort her to you-know-where safe and sound."

"You-know-where?" Ichigo asked. 

"Surely you knew where all the plantations on this continent are currently headed."

'I'm not gonna like this guy one bit.' Y/n thought. 

The squad looked confused as Nana sighed. "I'll fill you in later."

"Anyway... I'm relieved to see lota's fitting in with you guys."

"Lota? As in nine or do you guys mean Zero Two?" Y/n asked.

"That's right." The blondie said. "She used to be one of us Nines."