Chapter 7: The Fight

=========================================

Y/n was currently walking through the corridor while fixing his gear. The squad, including Squad 26 was gonna fight a large horde of klaxosaurs.

Ichigo was then pushed forward by Gora as he walked off. Ichigo glared at Gora before looking back at Y/n. 

"Ichigo? Do you need something?" Y/n asked.

"Uh, well..." Ichigo began. "The operation starts late at night. Did you get enough sleep? You might get drowsy midway otherwise."

"Don't worry about me, I'm trained to not fall asleep during stealth missions." Y/n said as he put a hand on Ichigo's head.

Ichigo blushed. "I see."

"I couldn't sleep much." Ichigo said. "But I felt better once I took a bath."

"That's good to hear." Y/n said as he removed his hand. 

"Just remember Ichigo." Y/n got her attention. "I believe that you're a great leader."

"Y-Yeah..." Ichigo stuttered.

Zero Two then showed up and looked back at them, Y/n waving at her. She smiled and returned the wave before walking towards the hangar.

"Alright then Ichigo, I'll see you on the battlefield." Y/n said as he jogged up to Zero Two.

As Y/n walked with Zero Two, chatting, he didn't notice how Ichigo felt.

=========================================

As Strelizia were standing back the large horde of klaxosaurs marched forward with no intentions of stopping.

BT was standing next to Strelizia for support, firing the 40mm Tracker Cannon. If shit went downhill then the Predator Cannon were to be equipped.

"We have updated intel on the klaxosaurs. Aside from the Conrad-class pack, we've also detected a large, tightly packed unit. It didn't match any of the ones we have on record, but we've deemed it a klaxosaur due it its independent movement and codenamed it Target Beta."

'I've seen some weird shit, but this takes it to the next level...' Y/n thought.

"Since we lack data on it, attacking it would be reckless. As such, prioritize wiping out the Conrad-class pack once you engage, 090 will have field command."

"It's time. All FRANXX, commence operation." 

Y/n sighed. He looked over the battle that both of the squad were fighting. Squad 26 did a lot better than Squad 13.

"BT at this point Squad 13 is not doing too well, they're going to die if they continue to fight like that."

"Calculating... Estimated, they will die in 2 hours, 34 minutes, and 56 seconds if they continue to fight."

"I noticed..." Y/n stood up as BT sniped a klaxosaur that was pinning down Genista.

"Nice shot." Y/n praised BT.

"Thank you, Pilot."

"Hey, darling, I'm bored." Zero Two said while looking over the fight.

"I'm also very bored, but missions are very important, and in missions, there are gonna be boredom." Y/n said.

"You're boring..." Zero Two pouted.

"I know." Y/n replied.

Zero Two smiled before Hachi's voice was heard in the comms.

"Second wave incoming."

"Take a look darling." Zero Two pointed out towards the battle. "Their tactics are all over the place. A huge contrast to the precision of the other squad."