Chapter 3: Don't fuck with a Pilot

3rd pov

"Will we be able to fight like that one day?" Futoshi said as he began to do tricks with it. "Fight the klaxosaurs as the FRANXX Y/n piloted, I mean."

"Say what?" Just so you know, that doesn't count as piloting." Zorome said as he also caught the ball and did tricks with it. "There's no way Y/n could pilot a FRANXX, he's never been in one!"

"But it did actually move around." Futoshi said. "And Papa seems to have taken an interest in Y/n, too."

"Well..." Zorome tried to come up with something while Mitsuru leaned on a pillar. "I heard that pistil Zero two has the special ability to pilot a FRANXX by herself." Mitsuru said. "You two saw it in four-legged form, didn't you?"

"So basically, Y/n was only taken along for the ride."

"See? I'll never accept that he did it before us." Zorome said as he spotted Y/n walking with his helmet off, attached to his side.

"Don't think you're hot stuff, you hear me?" Zorome said as he shot the ball towards Y/n.

Y/n quickly brought up a knife and popped the ball. "Any reason why to shoot me, Zorome?"

"My ball!" Zorome said. "Why you-!"

"Why you what? The hell are you gonna do?" Y/n said coldly as he turned towards Zorome who was walking up to him.

"I'm gonna-"

"You're gonna be a dick and shoot a ball at me? Fucking prick..." Y/n was about to walk away.

"You're just a coward who had a ride with that devil, hahaha!" Zorome mocked Y/n.

Y/n turned around and began to walk up to him. "You have a fucking problem with me?"

"What? You wanna go?" Zorome tried to intimidate Y/n but failed horribly.

"You know, I really wonder how the hell this platform is gonna survive if you have this attitude, Mr. Small guy."

"What did you say?!" Zorome began to get angry.

"Are you deaf or something? I swear to god stop trying to look like a fucking dumbass and get your head out of your ass." Y/n insulted Zorome.

"That's it, you're done for!" Zorome yelled as he was gonna punch Y/n.

Y/n easily caught his fist. "Is that what you can do? weak..."

"Shut up!" Zorome was gonna punch with his other arm but...

*GUNSHOT*

...

Ichigo and Goro ran out to see that Zorome was lying on the ground, scared for his life as Y/n was on top of him with a gun pointed at him.

"Next shot won't miss." Y/n said as Ichigo made Y/n stand up.

Zorome just laid there, looking at Y/n. "Y-You almost killed me..."

Ichigo and Goro just looked at Y/n shocked as he still had a cold face. "So? It's killed or be killed in this fucking world." Y/n said as he walked away, leaving everyone shocked that Y/n didn't care if he killed Zorome.

Time skip

Y/n pov:

"A mock battle with me in a FRANXX?" I asked them.

"That's right." Nana replied. "Depending on how you do, we're considering giving you the rank of a parasite." Hachi said.

"The hell do I gain from this?" I asked them. "I'm already one of the best pilots in the military."

Hachi and Nana didn't answer, I wonder why...

I sighed. "Alright, I'll do the mock battle, but I'd rather stay as a pilot instead of a parasite."

"Alright pick a-" I cut Hachi off, "I'll fight alone."

"Alone? Why?" Nana asked confused. "You're gonna face a FRANXX."

"I know, the reason why I do it is to show you guys not to fucking with a pilot isn't that right... Zorome?" I said as I slowly turned towards Zorome.

He was still angry and a bit scared after our fight, well... more like me almost putting a bullet between his eyes.

"Does anyone want to volunteer as their opponents?" Hachi asked anyone.

"Me!" Zorome answered quickly. "Huh?!" His partner Miku said confused. "Hey, who died and made you boss?"

"I'm gonna show 'em what I'm capable of, and also to put Y/n where he belongs." Zorome answered.

Miku just looked at me before she raised her hand up. "We'll do it."

"Done deal." Nana said. "The battle will be held tomorrow morning." Hachi said but Zorome wanted it at a different time. "Wait, wait, wait! Let us do it right now!"

I just sighed as I headed towards the birdcage to get my equipment.

Time skip to the fight

"Hey, wuss! Let's settle the score once and for all!" Zorome said as in the comms. I sighed. "All you talk about is how you're gonna beat me..."

Right now I was standing in the usual pilot armor that I wore during the war.

"It's because you just caught me off guard!" Zorome yelled.

"It's more like you shot your dumb-ass ball at me." I sighed.

"There's no way you're gonna win! What are you gonna do without a FRANXX?!" Zorome laughed.

"Rule number 1: Don't underestimate a pilot." I said as I pulled out my trusty B3 Wingman.

" I said as I pulled out my trusty B3 Wingman

"Hahaha! Such a small gun!" Zorome laughed.

"Rule number 2: You just fucked up." I said as the mock battle began.

I aimed at the FRANXX's knee and shot all six shots, damaging the knee.

"Whoa!" The FRANXX had trouble standing straight as it fell to its knee.

I scanned the weak points of the arms and shot at them, making the arms useless. I dashed towards the FRANXX and double jumped on top of the kneeling FRANXX and dropped an EMP grenade.

Before the EMP could happen I jumped down onto the ground and turned around to face them. "This is why you don't fuck with a pilot," I said as I holstered my Wingman as the EMP shut down the entire FRANXX, ending the mock battle.

A/N: I had no idea how the fight was gonna go because me, sucking at writing a fight scene, was the problem.

Anyway's RWBY update next and I'll cya later.

-Lenny out