Ch.17 Hunted

Disclaimer I do not own My Hero Academia nor Naruto/Boruto

I only own the Plot and the Original Characters

--

*Narrator POV*

*Identity Arc*

The remaining teams all stood in front of the main gate of the Forest of Death all unnerved by the sheer size of it and ominous aura it emitted. Izuku stared at the forest with disinterest as he honestly didn't care how scary it looked, a forest is just a forest. Mandalay appeared in a whirlwind of leaves as she gave the Genins a smirk. As Mandalay explained the rules the Class and Izuku's 'friends' looked at him with concern as they couldn't help but feel like they didn't recognize him anymore, he used to be carefree and walked around everywhere with a large smile, they don't even remember the last time they saw Izuku smile. They needed to know what changed, before they could approach Izuku, Mandalay had already started sending the different teams to different smaller gates with their scrolls.

The goal and objective was simple, each team would be given one of two scrolls a white scroll and a black scroll. The goal was for them to reach the tower in the middle of the forest with both scrolls, it was up to them to get their pair. They had one week if they didn't reach the tower with both scrolls they would automatically fail and would be disqualified. Fairly simple but could be extremely deadly due to the opponents.

Shoka tucked the white scroll they were given into her pouch as her team stood in front of Gate C. Izuku was looking forward with a impassive look causing Koda and Shoka to look at each other in discomfort. 

Shoka: So, Izuku what's the plan? Any target you have in mind?

Izuku:.....No, we just go in and find the first team that has our scroll and take care of them. I have some guesses on what there specialties are but can't tell for certain.

Shoka: When you mean take care of them? You can't mean-

Izuku: Once we're past these gates Shoka it will be a free for all. The others don't care who we are, they only want our scroll. It will be hunt or be hunted and I'm no prey.

Shoka's eyes widened at the remark as Izuku's face never changed from his stoic look he was serious, he will kill anyone that gets in his way....she couldn't recognize the boy she fell in love with.

Shoka: .....W-what if we come across our friends first?

Izuku was silent for a long time making Shoka uncomfortable and Koda scared of what he was thinking. As the gates opened letting the teams enter Izuku finally gave his answer.

Izuku: We look for a different team to fight unless we have to fight them but we won't kill them.

Shoka let out a shaky breath she didn't know she was holding as she nodded in understanding. Thus Team 3 ran into the forest with Izuku leading the way.

--

Izumi was jumping through the trees with Shoto and Bakugo right next to her following her closely. The mood between them was sour as they had an argument before they entered the forest, it was over Izuku and his sudden change. Bakugo wants to confront Izuku directly on what has got him like this while Izumi wants Izuku to come to them since she doesn't want to intrude to much and push him further away. Shoto agreed with Bakugo since she saw how hard Shoka has been taking Izuku's change lately. One thing they had in common was that they needed to confront Izuku but just didn't know how. 

Bakugo: Are you sure he hasn't told you anything?

Izumi: Yes, Katsuki. He hasn't told me anything that would hint at what's has got him like this.