Helluva Boss: Loo Loo Land (Part 1)

Stolas

Ars Goetia Mansion

*Years ago*

In the middle of the night, Stolas and his wife, Stella were sleeping in the master bedroom until their child, Octavia's frightened voice was heard.

Octavia [offscreen]: Mummy! Daddy!

Stolas is roused from his sleep. He turns to Stella who has most of the blanket.

Stolas: [sleepily] Mmph. Via's calling us, Stella.

Stella: [sleepily] You get up.

Stolas sighs and gets out of bed, and enters Octavia's room, where she is hiding beneath her blankets.

Stolas: Via? What troubles you, my owlet?

Octavia: [sobbing] Daddy! Daddy!

Octavia climbs down from her bed and runs into her father's arms. Stolas hoists her up to comfort her.

Octavia: [sobbing] I had a dream! A really bad dream!

Stolas: [yawns and wipes away Octavia's tears] A nightmare.

Octavia: [sobbing] I was looking all over the palace, and... I couldn't find you anywhere! You weren't there!

Stolas: [pats Octavia on the back comfortingly] There there, Via, it's okay. You're okay.

His lullaby finished, Stolas leaves as his daughter settles to sleep, content. Cut back to several years in the present, where Octavia is jolted awake by smashing objects and her parents screaming at each other

Stella: [offscreen] I can't believe you slept with an Imp, IN OUR FUCKING BED!!

Stolas: [offscreen] It was unexpected! I didn't have time to go to a motel!

Stella: [offscreen] A motel?! Like a fucking PLEBIAN?!

Octavia grabs her phone and puts in earbuds, playing "My World is Burning Down Around Me" to tune out the screaming as she strides down the halls of the Goetia estate, stepping over the smashed remains of a plant thrown in her path. In the kitchen, Stella continues screaming at Stolas. Stella: You want to fuck this one, TOO?!

She grabs an Imp servant by the horns and tosses him at her husband.

Stolas: No! Of course not!

Stella: You are a goddamn embarrassment! I'm not spending another moment looking at your pathetic, IMP-SUCKING FACE!

Stella storms out of the room, shouting angrily the entire time, and smashing more potted plants. Stolas sighs in exhausted exasperation before he notices his daughter has entered the kitchen.

Stolas: Good mooorning, Octavia! Did you sleep well, my owlet?

Octavia: Was that a serious question?

Stolas opens the refrigerator to retrieve a massive chunk of zebra meat.

Stolas: Mm-hmm... What's that you're listening to?

Octavia: This song is called "My World is Burning Down Around Me". It's by Fuck You Dad.

Stolas looks down, thinking the name of the band his daughter mentioned is a hurtful remark

Octavia: It's a band.

Stolas: [bemusedly] Ohhhh! How charming...

Stolas grabs the zebra meat and feeds it to a massive potted plant situated in a small alcove off the kitchen as he pets it.