Chapter 26

*INDIA*

(Manik has returned back to the same arrogant, rude man before he met Nandini...He has achieved great heights in his business. To the point where Malhotra Corp. was one of the best companies in all of Asia and most parts of North America...It was his way of coping up with Nandini not being by his side...he immersed himself in work so much to avoid thinking about Nandini....)

*Mukti knocks*

Manik: Come in!!

Mukti: So Manik...there is a business conference in New York that you have been invited to in New York...And I think it would be a great opportunity for building new connections and marketing...So do you want to go?

Manik: Yes..Mukti...You know what is right so lets accept the invitation...

Mukti: Ok Manik...(about to leave the cabin)

Manik: Mukti...Have you heard anything from Cabir?

(Cabir took a break from his work as he blames himself for Nandini and Manik's separation and decides to look into Nandini's whereabouts himself because he could just not see his friend like this...Although Manik pretended to be  fine...Cabir and his friends knew how wounded Manik was probably more than the time his parents  left him...Nandini was the only person who  heal him and give him what he needs..NO matter how much he,Mukti and Alia tried it was impossible to get mentally and emotionally where he was when he was with Nandini...)

Mukti: No Manik

Manik: Tell him to come back..he has gone for almost 3 years now...I need my bestfriend Mukti...tell him to give up..I have learnt to live myself without her now....And it was not his fault in the first place....(bitterly)

Mukti: Manik...Cabir will meet us in New York when we are   there...Since Alia is also there...It will  be nice to hang around in New York....

Manik: Really!!! he is finally meeting me ohh I missed his idiotic face...When are we leaving?

Mukti: In the next 2 days...

*earlier that day*

(Mukti gets a call from Cabir)

Mukti: Oh my god!! Cabir where the fuck are you duffer...I was so worried...

Cabir: I am in The Hamptons...Mukti I am fine....

Mukti:The Hamptons? Why on earth are you there?(puzzled)

Cabir: I found Nandini....(pause)

Mukti: Really? Are you sure its her?(Happy)If she was in USA all this while why weren't we able to locate her? Cabir I am so confused...

Cabir: Yes Mukti...It is her...she was in The Hamptons all this while...our investigators were not able to locate her because Dhruv Oboroi was making sure we could not locate her...

Mukti: That Bastard is just like his older cousin(Harshad)...screw them Cavir I can't wait to tell Manik about this...what are we waiting for?

Cabir: No Mukti...You can't tell Manik yet..

Mukti: Are you crazy Cabir after four fucking years we have found her with so much of effort....why are thinking twice now..

Cabir:Mukti..the thing is Nandini has a child....

Mukti: Whattttt!!!!!!!!!!No don't Tell Nandini has moved on Cabir..Manik will fucking die....

Cabir: Yes Mukti she is around 4 or 5 year old...And I think she might me Manik's

Mukti: How can you be so sure??

Cabir: The child is a splitting image of Manik Muktii...

Mukti: What you are saying is Manik has a daughter?(trying process )But why would Nandini keep his daughter away from him...It doesn't make any sense..