Chapter16

(Next Day Morning)

Manik's Pov(I woke to because of  sun rays beaming towards my face...and also my body felt cold...like it was missing warmth...despite the sun rays...I opened my eyes to see the other side of my bed empty...it felt strange to be honest...Later I smelt something...and I followed it and found myself in the kitchen...I saw Nandini with wet loose hair...in my shirt which was huge for her body and wearing nothing below making breakfast....Dam it was sight...I just wanted to just claim her lips which was humming a melody...it was a beautiful sight...The taught of all my mornings being like this made me happy...stop what am I thinking...(brushes those thoughts away) and)

Mani:(Ahem Ahem)

Nanidini:(embarrassed and tries to cover her legs)

(Manik goes near her and scans her from top to bottom)

Manik:Why are you covering?I have seen all of it already(smirks)

Nandini(redder than a tomato)

Manik:By the way that is my shirt(touching the shirt near her waist)

Nandini:Sorry I could not find my bags in the morning..(her face down)...I will go change and come...

(Manik holds her hand and pulls her closer...holds her by her waist...lifts her face with his hand)

Manik:It is fine...I like it better on your body(smirks)

Nandini:(Blushing)Breakfast is ready...

Manik: I usually don't eat breakfast...I just have my coffee..(trying to be nice) and you don't have to do this...maids will be here soon..

Nandini: Breakfast is the most important meal of day...my Amms used to tell it...please from today start eating breakfast(pleading eyes)

Manik's Pov(The moment she had those puppy eyes...My heart just melted...how could any person say no that face)

Manik: Okay whatever..let me go take a quick shower and come..

Nandini: Okay I will get your coffee ready by then(smiles brightly and turns towards the  counter and starts preparing his coffee)

(Manik heads towards the shower...finishes her shower and gets back to see Nandini getting ready for college  and trying to cover the hickey with a scarf)

Manik:Get ready fast...I will drop you to college and go to office...

Nandini:No No I am not going to college,I am going to visit a Friend...

Manik(annoyed): WHO?

Nandini:Just a friend...my friend is not feeling well..I just got a call from Dhruv...Navya is not feeling well...I have to visit her and make sure she is fine....(goes out of the room)once you are ready please come down...breakfast is getting cold...

Manik's Pov:(Dhruv again this guy...what does it take him to stay away from Nandini...she is married now...yet he just is not giving up...if I did not have an important meeting today in the office I would have gone with her and made sure that Dhruv guy stays away from her...Ahhh! I am so annoyed)

(Manik goes down towards the dining area...where Nandini was preparing the table...for breakfast)

Nandini: Sit down please(serves hot scrambled eggs with a maple syrup toast and beacon which is one among Manik's favorites)

Manik's Pov:(Takes a bite)(This is so delicious...how does she know I like scrambled eggs with beacon and maple syrup on my toast?....I could get used to this..her making breakfast..and both of us having it together every morning...Manik what are you thinking...stop it will you)