Chapter 14

Paditji: Congratulations..The marriage is complete...May you both live a Happy and a Long lasting life...

(Thus Manik and Nandini are now Married)

(While sending Manik and Nandini off Mr.Murthy comes near the car holds Manik's hands)

Mr.Murthy: Manik I am handing over my precious little girl to you...please take care of her...keep her happy please(crying)

Manik: Please leave my hand Mr.Murthy...I will make sure she is protected.(trying to sound convincing)

Aunty: Manik she is very sensitive and delicate...we have taken care of to our level best...I am pretty sure you are going to do a better job than that...(happy tears)...Nandu take care of yourself Bachha...listen to him..fulfil his needs and requirements....make us proud of your upbringing(kisses her forehead)

Nandini: Yes Aunty...Happy good Journey...don't worry about me or the house...I will handle everything afterall I am your brave girl(kisses Aunty's cheeks)

Uncle: Bye Bachha its getting late...remember everything I have told...we will miss you...

Nandini: Bye(weeping)Happy good Journey...have a great time in the States...I Love you both

Manik: Nandini its getting a little late(calm tone)

Nandini: Okay Sorry...Lets leave.........

(Manik and Nandini Leave towards Malhotra Mansion)

Dadi: Manik its high time you move from your shady penthouse and find a new place or even better move back into the family house.......now that Nandini also needs space...that penthouse is going to be clusterd

Manik: No Dadi my penthouse is alright...

Dadi: Your penthouse was your bachelor pad..now that you are married...I have renovated the mansion near to our headquaters... it will be near to your office and it will save you time...But it is going to far for Nandini to commute to college

Nandini: No problem Mrs.Malhotra...I can manage..

Dadi:Nandini..Beta you can me Dadi now...

Nandini:Okay Dadi

Manik: That can actually work..I can utilize the time towards Business...I will move in today itself Dadi..

Dadi: I knew that you would tell this..so I have asked my assistant to prepare it for you guys...Since I am leaving to Haridwar tomorrow..I will come and drop you guys to the mansion and leave...

Manik: Dadi you are not young anymore...when will you understand that you need to rest..you are already so exhausted this week and later think of going?

Dadi:I am all fine Manik...my prayers have been answered the moment Panditji announced you and Nandini were married...so I have to go and thank my god..

Manik:I know you are not going to listen to me anyway.. But you are taking Soha (Mrs.Malhotra's assistant) with you right?...I will talk to her about your medicines and your food...and you can't say No to that.. otherwise I am not letting you go Dadi...

Dadi: Fine I am going to take her with me..Happy?

Manik: Very Happy...

Nandini's Pov(Manik is totally different person when he is talking  to Dadi..he cares so much about her...This is the Manik I want to get to know more about...)

(They reached the Mansion)

(They get down and get inside the house)

Dadi: Both of you get changed...I will look into all the preparations before I leave...Manik guide Nandini to the room..

Manik: Okay Dadi..Nandini this way(leads the way to the stairs)

(Manik changes and comes down and sits near Dadi on the sofa)

(Dadi holds Manik's hands and gets teary)

Manik: Dadi what is wrong?(worried)

Dadi: Manik...I am so happy today...this is happiest day of my life apart from the day you were born..Manik this is a new chapter in your life...I want you to not let your past try to  blackmail your present and ruin your future Manik...I believe Nandini will help you do it...Manik..My dear Duggu(Manik's nickname)...thank you for listening to me and agreeing to Marry Nandini..(weeping)

(Manik wipeing Dadi's tears)

Manik: Dadi please stop crying...That is one of the things I hate the most...now there is no way I would be what I am today without you...when my own parents abandoned me..you took me in and raised me..and all I want is you to be healthy and happy....(kisses her hands)

(Nandini comes down)

(Manik gets a phone call and goes out to receive  it)

Dadi:Nandini..Beta come here..(makes Nandini sit close to her)

Dadi: Nandini..today I am giving my grandson to you..he can be a little  rude and tempered..But trust me...he has heart of gold...he has been through a lot since childhood....please take care of him and keep him happy...my grandson needs a girl like you...promise me you are going to take care of him please

Nandini: Dadi...I will try my level best...(smiles)

Dadi: I know you can do it( kisses her forehead)

(Manik gets back in and was curious about their conversation)

Dadi: Now I will leave..I have an early flight tomorrow...take care and good night(hugs both of them)

Manik: Dadi..please don't exhaust yourself..I love you( hugs her)

Dadi:I love you to my bachha

Dadi: Byee and Goodnight...enjoy your night(smirking)
(Nandini Blushes and turns red...Manik looks somewhere else)

Manik:Dadi I will see you till the door..

(Manik goes till the door and sends Dadi off)