Chapter-9

(Manik on his way to the couture shop)

Manik's Pov:
(She is has clean slate...I guess she is not that bad after all....But why does Dhruv Oboroi have a crush on her? Out off all the Girls at Space Academy.. why her though...she is a very conservative..and not so open minded....)

( By that time he  arrives at the couture shop and sees Nandini hopping out of Dhruv's bike and thanking him for dropping her...)

Manik's Pov
(I felt a sudden urge to just go and pull Nandini off away from him...I just couldn't bear the fact that she sat behind him and refused to come with me...no matter even if this marriage lasts for an year or two..she is still going to be MY WIFE...I started to get frustrated, irritated...And suddenly I realised and told my self..Manik what is wrong with you...why are you so bothered...why do you care if she comes with Dhruv Oboroi...leave I just have to finish this marriage off so and go back to office and concentrate...)

(Manik gets out of his car and sees Nandini rushing towards the shop he follows her into the shop)

Nandini's Pov
(I had an extra class today...it was already 4:30...and there was no way I could make it to the couture shop on time...if I took a cab I was pretty worried... Seeing me worried Dhruv offered to drop me... although I refused he continuously pestered me and convinced me to go with him...we just reached there on time...thank god (sighs)...and I thanked him and ran towards the shop and met Manik...he seems pretty irritated already...and I didn't want to piss him more so I didn't speak much and decided to agree on whatever he tells)

( Nandini sees Manik with the same fright in her eyes...)
Manik: You are late ( Manik speak arrogantly)
Nandini:You told me to be her by 5..see it's still 4:55...
Manik: Whatever..let's just get done with this fast...I don't have all day..)

Girl1: Welcome to our Couture Shop..Mr.Malhotra and Miss.Murthy...Sitara mam has informed me about your arrival.. kindly take your seat and make your self feel comfortable...
Nandini: Thank....(Manik interrupts)
Manik: I want you to finish this off by 6:30 I don't have much time
Girl1: Sure Sir...Miss.Mruthy do you have any colours or patterns in your mind?
Nandini:Nooo I was looking for something in red...
Girl1:Ok...what about you Mr.Malhotra?
Manik: You know my preference...just get this done soon
(The Girl1 just gets inside and comes back with 2 stunning lehengas and 2 stunning Sherwanis)
Girl1: According to me this is going to look great on both of you...
(Pulls over Nandini infornt of the mirror and holds the lehenga infront of her)

Manik's Pov:
( Dam she looks so beautiful already...wat if she wears it...she is going to look breathtaking...Manik what are you thinking shut up)

Manik: I guess this is it get me that sherwani ( points towards it) and we are done...send them off to the address that my assistant has given you...we will take a leave now and pulls Nandini by her arm harshly and goes out of the shop)

Nandini: Manik can you please leave my hand? You are hurting me..
Manik:( leaves her hand) Get in..I will drop you..
Nandini: No No it's fine I can go on my own..you must be busy...I can go on my own
Manik's Pov
( She refused me again...why? So she can call Dhruv and go back with him...she goes out with him and refuses to let me drop her...(frustrated)..)

Manik: Shut up and get in...Dadi's Spy is around and I don't want her to start having doubts...so (pulls her and pushes her into the car)

( As soon as Manik gets into the car and gets ready to drive... He receives a voice mail from Dadi)

Dadi on voice mail: Manik....you both are done with shopping already?Manik I hv cancelled all your appointments for today so you and Nandini can spend a little more time together...and Nandini don't worry I have spoken to your Aunty and she has also agreed...have fun kids...

(Manik slams the horn in frustration)
Manik: Why is Dadi bent upon making my life miserable....

Nandini's Pov
(I guess he really hates breathing the same air as me..am I so bad,why does he hate me so much...what have I done...Oh god please help me in making sure I don't cause him any trouble..and make him feel comfortable...so he doesn't do anything to Uncle and Aunty)

Manik:Since Dadi has ordered...let's do this...what do you want to do?
Nandini: Anything you want to do...
Manik: Then let's go to my place..so you can get an idea of the the place you will be staying at...
Nandini: Okay (nervously)

( Manik drives to his penthouse)
Manik: Get down( cold tone)
Nandini: okay
(Manik opens the door and heads in)
Manik: Do u want me to get arti to welcome u? Get in
Nandini: Oh Yaya sorry....
Manik: Since you will be living here from tomorrow...you need to follow some of my rules Okay?
Nandini: Okay..
Manik: So. These are the rules
Rule1: You should not distrub me..
Rule2: Mind your own business...don't put your nose into my business
Rule3:And don't make any noice I hate when my house is not quite
Rule4: Regarding intimacy...I will be the one to decide whether we are intimate or not..
Manik: You need to agree to all of it
Nandini:Yes(Bitterly)
Manik: Regarding house errands there are maids for to that
Nandini: okay Manik..But are any busstops or metro stations near by?I'm thinking how will I commute to college everyday
Manik:(laughs) Dadi has assigned a driver who pick and drop you back
Nandini: Can I not commute on my own? Please
Manik: It's Dadi's Decision..( his stomach growls)
Nandini:  Are you hungry Manik?
Manik: Yes... wait let me order something...what do u want to eat?
Nandini: Manik there is a strike in the city no resturants will be open...
Manik: Dammit!!
Nandini: Where is the Kitchen? I will fix something to eat for you...
Manik:It's fine you don't have to do it...
Nandini:It's okay it's my duty...where is the kitchen?
Manik: That way..
(Nandini goes to the Kitchen and starts cooking)

Manik's Pov
( All I have been is Rude to her..but why is she still nice to me...she just agreed to all those rules without any questions...why.. guess I can be a little nice to her...after all for 1 year we need to be in the same house)

( Nandini gets back with a plate of Pulav and gives it to Manik)
Nandini: Manik here is your plate..it's a little hot be careful.
Manik:( takes the plate ) and starts eating ( they were sitting on the sofa)
Nandini: How is it?
Manik: it's edible
Nandini's Pov
(Well it's written on his face that he likes it...and I guess he can it be monsterly at times...hope I can not be a burden to him)
Manik: I will drop you home finish fast
Nandini: It's fine I can go on my own
Manik: Listen Nandini...I'm not letting my Wife go alone at night
Nandini's Pov
( Wife...he just called me his wife...why am I getting butterflies...I am his wife?...Nandini stop dreaming your work is just to satisfy his needs and make him feel comfortable for an year... don't dream for Uncle and Aunty)
Nandini: Nono I'm not gonna go alone one of my friend stays near by I will go to my friend's place and my friend will drop me back..

Manik's Pov
( Her friend's place...is she refering to the Oboroi Mansion...No way I'm not letting her near Dhruv ever again....Manik what are you thinking stop...she is not yours forever...you don't even like her)
Manik:I don't want to take chances with Dadi's spy so you like it or not I'm still dropping you home
Nandini:Okay

~~Hii guyssss
Hope you guys are liking what I write 😅...pls leave comments so I can improve my writing ✌️
Love yaa all