Chapter 39

"Focus on your shoot first, love. Mamaya na tayo mag-usap, you can come here later after your work," malambing na saad ni Saellyn sa nobyo.

Dagger chuckled on the other line. "I just miss you a lot. We only have few scenes left since the drama will end soon. I miss acting with you."

Nakangiting sumandal siya sa headboard ng kama. "It's actually for good that Friella decided to stop the wedding, a woman like her doesn't deserve Clark. Baby, I'm not talking about you, ha, I'm talking about your character in the drama."

Mas lumakas pa ang tawa ng nobyo matapos marinig ang sinabi niya. She sounded so desperate to explain it, maybe he finds it funny.

"Yeah, of course, I understand. I'll call you once my shoot is done, baby. Call me if something happens."

After bidding goodbye to each other, Saellyn ended the call before reading the book she's holding.

It was their first time not to see each other for two days. The show was about to end and they need to shoot separately because Friella already decided to let Clark and Geneva be happy on their own.

For her, it's the best solution also. A strong woman like Friella doesn't need a man like Clark who promised to marry a woman yet secretly loving someone.

Sa sobrang dami nilang kailangang i-shoot, wala na silang oras para magkita. Well, they're avoiding it also since she's afraid of getting caught with him before the drama ends. Media revealing their relationship to the public might leave a bad impression to the last one week of the film, ayaw niyang mangyari 'yon.

Saellyn's eyes landed when she heard the intercom. Mabilis naman siyang tumayo mula sa kama at lumapit sa pinto ng hotel room.

She opened the door without second thoughts, thinking that it was only a hotel service.

Mabilis siyang napaatras nang sugurin siya ng taong may takip ang ibabang mukha. Kahit nabigla ay nagawa niyang ilagan ang atake nito at akma nang lalabas nang hilahin siya nito pabalik sa loob.

"I will never let you go out from this room alive," galit nitong saad at sinamaan siya ng tingin.

His face is now visible, and he's not familiar. Kaya hindi niya alam ang pakay nito sa kaniya.

"Who the fuck are you and what do you need from me?" she asked seriously, trying to hide the nervousness in her voice.

The strange man grinned devilishly. "I heard you're investigating your mother's case. And I hate it."

She chuckled that made his face darkened. "Why would someone try to kill me just because of my mother who took her own life years ago? Unless there's something going on with her death. And you just proved it to me, idiot."

She quickly dodged the knife after letting the vase cover her. 'Saka niya sinipa ang lalaki at tinulak ito papalayo.

Her moves were too fast that she quickly reached the bedroom, nagawa niyang maisara ang pintuan bago tawagan ang telepono ng nobyo.

"Baby?"

She almost cried upon hearing his voice. "Dagger, h-help me please. Someone tried—" Napatili siya nang balagbagin ng lalaki sa labas ang pintuan.

"Baby! What the hell is happening?!"

"Dagger, please h-help me. Someone's trying to k-kill me!" umiiyak niyang sabi.

Nanlaki ang mga mata niya nang mamatay ang tawag. She looked at her phone only to see it shutting down from low battery. Halos masabunutan niya ang sarili sa inis.

Saellyn knows too well that Dagger will come for her, and she needs to take her time fighting this man until he arrives.

"Fuck," mura niya nang makitang malapit na nitong mabuksan ang pintuan. "Putangina kasi, tinuruan akong mag-asal prinsesa pero hindi ako tinuruan ng martial arts!" frustrated niyang sigaw habang naghahanap ng pwedeng ipanlaban dito.

"I will fucking kick you in the ass dad for not letting me learn how to fight. Kapag nakauwi talaga akong buhay dito, ibabalik kita sa pinanggalingan mo!" gigil niyang saad.

She's just mumbling anything to relieve stress and to make her self feel that everything will be alright. Pero sa loob-loob niya ay natatakot siya para sa sarili.

"Shit." Bumagsak ang mga balikat niya nang tuluyan nang makapasok ang lalaki.

"What? You're still trying to run away from your death? What a feisty woman," nakangisi nitong sabi.

Prangka siyang tumawa. "Malamang, alangan i-welcome kita with full of sincerity? What do you take me for? Papagurin muna kita bago ako mamatay para makaganti man lang ako. Ano ka, sinuswerte?"

She quickly grabbed the vase on her side before throwing it towards him. Napangisi pa siya nang matamaan ito sa ulo.

"You bitch!"

Galit nitong binunot ang baril sa bulsa bago itutok sa kaniya. "Say goodbye to your—"

Saellyn gasped in surprise when the man in front her suddenly fell. Bumagsak ito sa kama habang dumudugo ang tiyan.

Her hands trembled in fear before looking at the person who just shoot this man. It was her boyfriend, Dagger.

Nang pagmasdan niya ang lalaki ay ibang-iba ang ekspresyong suot nito. His eyes were dark and he's surrounded by dark aura.

"Room 178, bring my men and clean this mess. He's still alive, I didn't kill him yet so bring him to that place and I'll handle the rest tonight." Walang pakealam na binaba nito ang tawag bago siya lingunin.

She fell on the floor, speechless and traumatized.

Naramdaman naman niya ang paglapit sa kaniya ng nobyo para haplusin ang mukha niya. Magaan at puno ng pag-iingat ang pagkakahawak nito sa kaniya.

"I'm sorry that you have to see that, baby. I'll explain everything to you about who I am after resting."

Umiiyak siyang tumingin nito. "Dagger, what are y-you going to do with t-this guy? Shouldn't we call the police?"

His eyes darkened even more. "He fucking harmed you, baby. And I will never let the police touch him. I'll take him down with my own hands and with my own way. I told you before, didn't I?" His jaw clenched. "I will fucking harm anyone who dares to touch you, and no one's an exemption."